• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Hold Music Works When Calls Are Parked but Not on Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exchange

Customer
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm having an odd issue here. When we place a call on hold it doesn't play our hold music, instead, it is silent and plays a terrible buzz noise about every 30 seconds. However when I place a call on park it plays the hold music fine.

I restarted all the services via the dashboard, and I'm not finding any hold music settings anywhere other than settings > music on hold settings.

Please help!

Thank you

How are you placing the call on hold? What type of sets are you using. I'm going to guess, that you are using the hold button on the set, and that the set is doing the actual "hold", and not 3CX.

See Parking a call...

https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-parking/

Reactions: Exchange
Hello @Exchange

Please try replacing the music on hold file you are using with the default 3CX music on hold and see if you can replicate the issue. If the 3CX music on hold plays correctly then your audio file might be corrupted.

Hello,

Thank you for the responses both of you.

@leejor
It's not the phones itself because I get the same issue on different phones as well as my 3CX softphone. It's a system-wide issue.

@YiannisH_3CX
I tried a system default hold tone and it has the same issue.

Please help!

Thanks

I tried a system default hold tone and it has the same issue.
Does this happen if you place an internal extension on hold as well? What happens if you choose to play the file from a phone? Do you hear the audio normally ?

Hey, sorry for the long reply I had to divert my attention to other issues.
Interestingly the hold music works with internal extension calls, and only has issues with outside call.
If I play the file from a phone yes it works.
Again with outside calls we get no music on hold but the same music file plays fine for parks.

Please navigate to your trunk settings / Options and make sure that that the options :Supports Re-Invite" and "Support Replaces" are not enabled and try again.

Disabling 'Supports Re-Invite' on the Trunk resolved the issue, the hold music works on external calls now.
Thank you YiannisH!

What do these two options do, exactly?
  • Supports Re-Invite; and
  • Support Replaces

Thanks very much @leejor! I'll take a look now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DS42064
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.