• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Database maintenance task has been finished. Then 3CX Crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrettBuchanan

Reaction score
Hi all,

Any one seen this issue, I have just had two instances in the same night related to this events.

Over night both separate instances of 3CX (different customers) had their 3CX server just report Database maintenance task has been finished, then stop functioning. When attempting to log into the system an "Server Error" is presented.

Only once rebooting the server are all extensions and functionality comes back.

Thanks,
Brett.

Didn't bother to check the logs but I couldn't login to our instance yesterday with the same error message. SSH'd in and rebooted and seems to be ok. This is on v15.5 Update 5 on Debian

Hi We will need to check the logs. Maintenance tasks include a vacuum of the database and an analyze. So it could be that postgress needed debian to restart. (remember postgress on linux is more integrated with the OS). So this is why a restart / reboot makes things work.

For the vast majority of updates a restart is not required.
However in some cases, it needs to be done. We don't force it. When this happens check rsyslog and check logs why db does not start.

Same happened here on 3 of my debian systems. all up to date.

Hello,

Please note that during the weekend Debian published a security update for postgress as you can see from here https://www.debian.org/security/2018/dsa-4269 which the debian installation applied automatically and that is what probably caused your services to restart. However do not worry about this as in the final SP6 release we will take care of this so it doesn't happen again.

Same happened here on 3 of my debian systems. all up to date.

Can you give me more details about the installs?
For example - what is the exact 3CX Version installed
And also was it a Debian 8 and you updated to Debian 9?

Crazy stuff. This also happened to me over the weekend, as well. Good to know i'm not the only one -- i was still able to ssh in and just reboot from there, which resolved the problem.

We are running Debian 9.5 on a relatively new install (just a few weeks old). 3CX version 15.5

Attachments

• 2018-08-13 08_54_02-3CX Phone System Management Console.png
    2018-08-13 08_54_02-3CX Phone System Management Console.png
    11 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
This happened to 2 of our newest clients running latest version of Debian 9 (also just a few weeks old). Needless to say our clients are not impressed.

Crazy stuff. This also happened to me over the weekend, as well. Good to know i'm not the only one.

Once update 6 is released it will correct this.
The problem is that updates were released from the Debian repository for postgress. This update requires a restart. We should restart the OS after this update but previously we were not controlling the time when updates were checked. Update 6 has this support.

For all those following the post - when update 6 is out in final update and updates will be done automatically and pushed by 3CX (instead of pushed by debian and causing all instances to fail.). If pbx's are not updated to update 6, then this problem will happen again.

Whats the ETA on update 6 going into production ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.