• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Forwarding / Ring group issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTI_Tech

Customer
Reaction score
A client of ours has most of their IP phones forwarded to their cell phones even when at the office. The main issue with that is they would like all the IP phones to ring when the main line is called, but just on the IP phones even if they are forwarded. We're running into the issue where it either calls the forwarded number or doesn't ring at all.

We're working with Yealink SIP-T38Gs. I'm still scrounging about the configuration trying to come up with a solution but any ideas or input would be helpful, thanks!

The main issue with that is they would like all the IP phones to ring when the main line is called, but just on the IP phones even if they are forwarded. We're running into the issue where it either calls the forwarded number or doesn't ring at all.

Are they actually using forwarding, or using the Ring my Mobile option? If it is the Ring my Mobile option, then it will ring both devices at the same time, that's the way it works. If they use Forwarding, then there are various options to ring the IP phone, then actually forward, after a given time (no answer), to another destination.

I would check the Activity log, after one of the call issue you describe, to see if it gives any insight into that behaviour.

Last edited:
Reactions: craigreilly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.