• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Android App New Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtcar21

Customer
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi Im hoping someone out there can help me out. I just updated our in house system to the the newest beta version (15.5.15060) now our android app only works on WIFI. If not on WIFI it just says waiting for network. All thoughts are welcome

Hi Curtis
From Management Console, re-send a welcome eMail to your Android device, see if it solves the problem.

I have done that without any luck I have also removed the app and re-installed tried provisioning with both the QR code and the provisioning file attachment in the email. Still only works when Im on WIFI no luck on sprint or verizon networks

So no one else has this problem? This is of major importance to us as this is how we dispatch technicians. I we cant roll out any update if the cell phone doesnt work. I have spent hours researching this and even 3cx cant help but to tell me to reprovision which I have many times

I can help. Go back to Update 5. As the beta states, don't use on production systems. Spin up another instance if you want to test the beta. Or if you insist on banging your head I would run the firewall test and confirm you didn't include Sprint or Verizon netblocks in your blacklist. Doesn't really sound like a 3CX issue since it does work on WiFi. You can also try manually provisioning your client or at least check what is actually provisioned.

Also some of this is assumption since it's implied that works on WiFi means it works internally on WiFi since you can also connect to WiFi outside of the instance (assuming 3CX is in-house). More details would help troubleshooting

Cobaltit, I know what a Beta version is for, we have been using our 3cx system for testing Beta's since version 8 more often than not the Beta works fine. Yes any WIFI works. Im not banging my head on any walls, I was just looking for some friendly advice and not demeaning, snarky comments. I am advanced certified so its not like Im a newbie

Hello @curtcar21

The first step is to run the firewall checker to ensure that there are no issues there. Also make sure your HTTPS port is also forwarded correctly.

If all checks out i would recommend creating a ticket with our support department as we do not have other reports regarding this. They will need to check the PBX logs and configuration.

Firewall test came out fine. There was a post by Shawn "NO Presence on LG on beta" Or something similar to that. He included pictures and the one that had "waiting for network" on cell phone screen is exactly what I get when not on wifi. Just to let you know. Thank you for your assistance

Congrats on your advanced certification, not that it matters here. You did get friendly advice, which was to go back to Update 5 since you said it is of major importance. Then you could spin up another instance if you wish to test. More details would also improve the response that you get. I read your question as asking about the new 3CX beta and the Android app. But perhaps you are talking about Update 5 and the Android Beta? Or maybe both? And your subject for this post and the other post both say Android app but then you mention you tried it on Apple products so.... Perhaps detail the situation more clearly and you'll get better help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.