• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Mac Client audio quality issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorsten

Reaction score
I already found some Threads about this issue but they don't give any solution.
I have Client Version 15.1.1.137 and are using a Sennheiser MB Pro 2 Bluetooth Headset. The quality of voice transmision is very poor compared to the Windows or iOS clients we also use here. I first put it to the Headset and the BT in connection with the Mac but I can clearly make teh point that it is a client issue.

Is there any solution you can provide?

Hello,

Did you tried with other headsets?
It also can be a issue with your connection to the mac, or with the headset.

The client itself does not let you change audio options for that issue, only settings like the mic. gain.

Hi,

Sorry to hijack the topic but I believe I'm having the same issue and can add a few more details.
First of all, like Thorsten, I have been reading the threads and trying what's suggested in them with no success.

Let me explain what we're experiencing and what we've tried.
We have 2 users on Mac, both also using the iOS client:
  1. User #1, on an iMac, using Apple's earbuds, has good audio quality
  2. User #2, on a Macbook, using generic earbuds with microphone, has poor audio quality (lots of cracks, making it impossible to understand most of the time)
  3. Both users have perfect quality on the iOS client
  4. User #2, on the Macbook, without headphones, has reasonable audio quality (there are no cracks or anything like that but of course the volume is lower and there's some echo but I think that's normal because there are no headphones)
Now, because of 1) and 4) we blamed it on the headphones. So, we ordered another pair of Apple earbuds (original) for user #2 that arrived today, but unfortunately the user continues experiencing the same issues.

After these tests, we thought about possible differences between Macbook and iMac, so user #1 got his macbook, configured his extension and had good audio quality. Not sure if this tells us much since the two MacBooks were of different generations, but just adding as much information as possible.

User #2 has tried uninstalling the client, removing all data from Application Support, and reinstalling with no changes.

We've compared audio settings on all macs and they are the same (on the 3cx client and on the system preferences).

We are very keen in getting this fixed so we can help perform any tests necessary to find the cause of the issue.

Thanks!

Just a quick update to say that both user #1 and user #2 have updated the mac client to 15.1.1.138 and user #2's issues remain, while user #1 continues to have great call quality.

Again, we are available to run tests since we have two similar systems experiencing different behaviours which makes it ideal for testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.