• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

panasonic pbx linking to 3cx through sip trunk. 3cx to ISDN issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAN willie

Reaction score
Hiya guys,
According to the plan above. I'm trying to use use the ISDN line connected on NS300 from 3cx softphone to make outbound calls. I tried configuring outbound calling rules to allow 8,9,13,14 digits but nothing works.
Most analogue pabx dials 9 to pick a random trunk to calls out. panasonic does have a trunk code at 801 to pick specific trunk number to call out. But in such scenario, i'm clueless what should i configure on 3cx server side to allow 3cx to grab the isdn line from NS300 to make outbound calls.

Attachments

• ISDN Line dial out.jpg
    ISDN Line dial out.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 21
What type of trunk are you using between 3CX and the other PBX? Bridge?

When, from an extension in the NS300, you dial a code for an outside line, are you then connected to that line (you get outside dialtone)? If that is the case, then you will have to treat the outside line code, as it it were an extension (801?). Send it first, then, using DTMF (probably audio) from the 3CX extension, dial direct on the outside trunk. You can't have a pause inserted automatically, unless done from an analogue set, using audio DTMF from a speed dial location.

3cx and the other pbx (NS300) is using SIP Trunk. (IP based without registration)
Add new SIP Strunk -> Country(Generic) -> Provider (Asterisk). Trunk no i created 7000.

From panasonic NS300 SIP trunk too and same without registration. The Sip trunk resides on Trunk 3 on Panasonic NS300.

As far as i'm concerned , i know that 3cx do not support 2 stage dialing like a normal pbx system. Since normal pbx when you press 9 , it'll grab a trunk and you'll hear a dial tone indicating you've successful grab a working trunk before dialing outbound.

For panasonic NS300, 801 will specifically choose trunk 1 which the PSTN line is plugged on. It's a normal PSTN line that comes from the ADSL service i have.

Knowing that 3cx do not support 2 stage dialing, i thought that i would try to configure outbound rule with added digit 801 and prefix 8 for outbound call. Using 3cx client, i input 8 and followed by the 10 digit mobile number , i press the call button.

Immediately instead of grabbing the trunk 1 and dial out using the pstn line on ns300, it immediately dials the operator extension of NS300. Pressing a 0 on the NS300 will treat it as an intercom to Operator.

I tried manually input without added digits.by using 8 prefix as outbound dial and keyed in 8801 followed by the 10 digits, It's the same, it will reach the operator extension of NS300.

I've tried various variation and in the end nothing seems to work. Is this truly workable i wonder... What else i missed..

I believed that all digits are ignored and only the 0 is captured in the processed... But i do not understand.. if it only captures the 0 digit, how about the 8 infront... There's two 8 infront of the 0. Doesn't make sense to me since only the 0 is sent over the ns300.

Use the 3CX Activity Log, to confirm what digits you are sending. If the NS300 has a log, you might want to see if there is a record of what digits it actually sees. (or maybe try using Wireshark) I suspect that there may be a timing issue, where an actual pause is required after the trunk access digit. What if you just send an "8", or any other single access digits? Do you then get dialtone for the outside trunk?

It was generally the (much) older PBXs that did an actual cut-through to an outside trunk when the access digit was dialled.( I have a Mitel SX-20 that does that) it therefore required that you wait for that second dialtone. Most newer (last 20 years) electronic PBXs collect all digits, then route the call based on all digits dialled, as 3CX does, so no requirement to pause.

Last edited:
Hiya. .appreciate for the advise...yes I do suspect that a pause is required but I do not know the command to insert a pause in between.. .I tried adding * ,# and both in between these digits but it did the same thing ...I'll do a wireshark when I came back from work ... Seriously. ..this is driving me crazy ...

You can't t insert a pause unless the initiating set is sending all DTMF digits (an analogue set) and allows a pause to be stored, in a memory location. As it sounds as if the other PBX is incapable of processing (properly) all digits sent at once, it sounds as if you will have to dial a code that selects an outside trunk on the other PBX, then when you get back dialtone, then you will have to dial the outside number using DTMF.

Panasonic IP phones all it's called the sip phone, the hdv130 model is capable of registering on a Ns300 through a sip registration . It could also utilize the ptsn trunk on Ns300 without a 2 stage dialing. Just need to add a 9 infront to dial outbound calls. There are no dial tones in between when I press the 9 digit. It just sent everything in a chain of numbers .The Ns300 happily accepts the code and dial out. In the process ,only a tone is heard after all digits are sent from the hdv 130. Perhaps it's running under the same manufacturer .

Looking back over your posts, It looks to be that the NS300 is registering to 3CX (3CX as a master Bridge trunk?). that being the case, any incoming calls to the NS300 would be handled in the manner of a DID, when sending to an extension. that being that case, perhaps the PBX prevents any "DID" call from accessing an outside line, to prevent fraud.

If that is the case, and I'm not sure how you actuality confirm it, unless it is written in a manual somewhere, you may not have any luck in routing outbound calls in that manner. If the NS300 supports generic SIP sets (not just other proprietary Panasonic phones), you might try creating an extension on the NS300, then registering a Slave Bridge trunk, or, a generic SIP trunk from 3CX. Calls to the NS300 would bee seen as originating from the newly created extension and should route in the same manner as one dialled from a set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.