• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Please help.. Started with Express google hosted, moved my license, how do I disable the google?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Prodzinski

Reaction score
I started with Express Google hosted, Changed my mind and moved the license to a local install, Everything was happy for a time and now the DNS name is pointing back to google and my test phone tries to go there. how do I remove that google hosted instance?

Thanks in advance.

You will need to either stop or simply delete the Google server from the Google Compute Engine console.
DNS can take 24 hours to update.

I dont know how to access the Google Compute Console. I checked all my emails and i dont see anything pointing to that

You'll need to reach out to support to stop/cancel any PBXExpress instance not under your own cloud account.

Ok, I dont think its under my account. I logged into google under the "welcome" email I got and I dont see anything. I dont have support. Does 3CX support monitor these forums?

Thanks for everyones assistance!

How can I get a 3CX support person to review this issue? I am 99% sure its on the PBX Express provisioned account and I do not have access to stop/delete it.

So searching around the website it appears I have to pay 3CX $75 to ask them to stop the PBX Express instance they have hosted for me? Is that the only way forward? Its a bit frustrating.

Does anyone have any other ideas for me on this? Id like to continue working on deploying this system but I am at a standstill until someone from 3CX removes the cloud instance so it lets go of the DNS record.

Thanks.

I thought you could release FQDN there.

I see an option for that but I want to keep the FQDN. I just want it to register to my on-prem pbx. Its the same license. I just did a backup of the cloud PBX and restored it to an on-prem box. Maybe I dont understand what that button will do?
Thanks for your responsiveness. I do appreciate the effort.
-Jeff

I thought you could release FQDN there.

Maybe someone else will chime in - i understanding that will release it for use elsewhere. Just ensure your backup doesn’t have the FQDN.

Reactions: Jeff Prodzinski
I have responded to your message YiannisH_3CX. Thank you for working with me to resolve this.

Glad i could assist and thank you for updating the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.