• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

New 3CX Install Stopped Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbalik

Reaction score
Hello,

Hoping someone can help as I was excited to get my demo for 3CX up and running and extremely disappointed that it stopped working with 15 minutes.

I created my virtual instance on Microsoft Azure using the automated provisioning provided by 3CX. Everything completed successfully.

I setup a user and assigned a Yealink T48S successfully and was able to test voicemail for the user.

I setup a second user with their extension and plugged in a Yealink T41S to configure.

At that point, the phone would keep asking for the user name (extension number) in a loop. Clicking through the web config interface would change menus, but presented no date - no users, no phones, etc.

My T48S that was previously working is now no longer registered.

When I closed by browser and went to re-login, on the first attempt using my correct password, I received an error "Login access denied. Too many incorrect login attempts. Try later or contact the Administrator."

I have no idea why this error presented, but I'm extremely disappointed that I was about to start configuring my test system and now I randomly cannot.

If anyone can assist, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike

Well it sounds like your IP was blacklisted. Access the web interface from another internet connection and remove it from the blacklist and then add it to the whitelist. Should be step 1 for any install.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Hello @mbalik

As @Saqqara mentioned your IP is most likely blacklisted as the second phone you tried to setup tried to register to the PBX multiple times unsuccessfully which resulted in your IP being blacklisted.
Access the management console from a different public IP and remove your IP from the blacklist. If necessary you can then add it to the whitelist to prevent this from happening again.

It sounds like you are using RPS to provision the devices and the phone is asking for the username and password. The username is the extension number and the password is the voicemail pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.