• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Park Issues - Revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

garn

Customer
Reaction score
Coming back around to this thread - https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/yealink-v82-firmware-and-park.56156/#post-233629

I've finally had the time to tackle this and have spent hours slipstreaming my template with the latest version template and testing various combinations and have had no success.

I finally just exported the full .cfg from my phone in each provisioned state, each after a full factory reset. One on the default template, one on my template.

One or both of these two settings appear to be the culprit that show on the phones config on my template but not on the default:

features.call_park.park_mode = 0
bw.enable = 1

Interestingly enough, neither of these settings are correctly reflected according to my template. The first I actually have set to option 2, and the last is not stated at all.

Quite annoying! So something is overriding my template to ignore the first setting, and causing the second setting to also be applied.

I don't know if this will help but Yealink provisionning uses 2 files: the "<mac>.cfg" file and the "y0000000000xx.cfg". I have noticed that even if you change some settings in the "yxxx" section of the template, it doesn't seem to have any effect. You need to use something like winscp or vi in the console to change the default 3cx template in that section. Then those setting will apply when provisionning.

Hope this helps !

Marco.

I've used the following format for the .cfg files:

<deviceconfig filename="y000000000029test.cfg">
y000000000028test.cfg

Are you on the Linux appliance? Not sure where the equivalent location would be to check the phone config files on Windows.. From what I've read those are auto-generated and presented via the web server now and aren't static files.

Last edited:
Hi,

The template folder path in windows is: C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\phones I think. You are correct in saying that 3CX generates the files on demand. That's why you modify the templates. You need to modifiy the non-custom template for that model (the yxxx section) for those settings to take effect. Beware though that if you update the template, you will loose those modifications.

Marco.

So you are saying I need to add my y000000000028test.cfg phone config entry in the default template phone model section?

If you modify a setting in the "yxxx" section, yes you need to modifiy that setting in the default template. Do not add the y000000000028test.cfg, only the settings you need to modify.

Thanks.

Marco.

That's interesting because when the yealink phone will boot, it will look for the y0000000000xx.cfg, not the y1000000000xx.cfg like the link you provided suggests. How will it work ?

Thanks.

Marco.

Wow, just tried it and it works ! To answer my own question, the phone figures out how the file is named because of this

auto_provision.common_file_name

So garn, just follow the link provided and do exactly what it says. The "search and replace" is really important.

Thanks Yiannish

Glad i could assist and to see the issue has been resolved. Thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, however I had already followed that guide from years ago and currently have those settings correct. Just to make sure there wasn't some static file length limitation within 3CX I did change my test template format to y1000000000xx instead of postpending test on mine, however that also made no difference.

I'm not having issues with ANY other phone setting provisioning correctly from my template EXCEPT for these I originally mentioned:

features.call_park.park_mode = 0
bw.enable = 1

That appears to point towards the problem not being a broad/general misconfiguration of the basic template. Something funky is going on, perhaps a bug.

My related settings:

<model ua="SIP-T46G">Yealink T46-LHS_Roanoke_Yealink_Test</model>

<field name="Name">Yealink T4X</field>
<deviceconfig filename="y100000000029.cfg">
<filename>
<model name="Yealink T46-LHS_Roanoke_Yealink_Test" filename="y100000000028.cfg" />

{IF ua=SIP-T46G}
auto_provision.common_file_name = y100000000028.cfg
{ENDIF}

Any other ideas?

Last edited:
Bumping back up.

Fixed.

The following was set in my provisioning file, not sure for what reason exactly. But it must require bw.enable =1 as a dependency and automatically set it, which as I understand then limits you to FAC only on park mode:

bw.directory_enable = 1

I set it to 0 and it is working correctly.

Hopefully this helps someone else.

Glad to see the issue has been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.