• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Break out of voicemail * to operator

jofer

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi

I host lots of small customers on a large host in the cloud.
In 3cx you can set the default operator position. (Common)

It would be great when you have your customers set in different groups and they all use voicemail to break out of the voicemail as in the message by pressing * (star) to connect to the operator to break out to your own operator instead of going to the default system operator.

Maybe in the voicemail tab in the extension you can add where the call should break out to when pressing the * in the message.

Reactions: craigreilly
Upvote 5
We had this in our old system. It was pretty useful.

You can do this now with a CFD application. Create a dummy extension and set this extension as your default operator extension, then change the forwarding rules to forward all calls to the CFD application. In the CFD application look at where the call came from and then lookup in a table which receptionist is assigned to the extension and route accordingly.

I know it has been asked about before... seems like an easy fix.
look at extension. Operator setup?
YES - use it
NO - use default

You can do this now with a CFD application. Create a dummy extension and set this extension as your default operator extension, then change the forwarding rules to forward all calls to the CFD application. In the CFD application look at where the call came from and then lookup in a table which receptionist is assigned to the extension and route accordingly.

Now if I could just use Oracle with the CFD I'd be in great shape as thats the only DB I have onsite.
(Besides the 3cx DB)

You can use Oracle with the CFD, you just have to do it in an external component.

Oh, I thought CFD was restricted to SQL Server or PostgreSQL databases. So do you mean thru WebAPI's?

If you are using the database connectivity built into the CFD interface, then yes there are restrictions, but when we build CFD applications we ALWAYS perform database functions with an external c# code component. In fact, generally I find it easier to place complex code in c# and only do the simple stuff in the CFD. The nice thing about doing things in c# is that you can step through the code while it is executing so you can see exactly what's happening. You can do the same (sort-of) in the CFD but I prefer to do my debugging in Visual Studio rather than the CFD.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.