• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

security / iptables / fail2ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Zetekoff

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to deploy and need to know if fail2ban is used and if not whats easiest way to install. also is the 3cx firewall the same as iptables?
I want to disable any inbound 5060 as we're only using TLS. The freepbx responsive firewall is something that I really liked but need a way to do something similar in 3cx.

I'm all ears. Thanks leon

GM this is over on Vultr...I was looking to enable the vultr firewall or iptables. What is the 3cx firewall? Is it using iptables? I'm already doing the recommended info in that link. thanks. WOuld be nice to know whats happening under the covers. THanks leon

There is no 3CX firewall. As Yiannish_3CX said 3CX has as security module which will take action but that is built into 3CX itself. So if you want a firewall put one in. If you want to block 5060 block 5060.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lars001
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.