• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Remove phone number in front of name in caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrischevy80

Free User
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
When someone who is present in the contact list calls in, the phone (Yealink) diplays the caller ID in the following format (on 2 lines)

9991234567:Second Name, First Name

The first line should be Second Name, First Name without any numbers in front of it.

The way it is now, the phone number is shown twice (1st and 2nd line)

Is there a way to remove the phone number that prepends the name ?

Not too sure if I'm being clear here...

Does this happen only on Yealink sets? What is being sent by your provider, only one number? I have seen some that send the number twice (once in the name field). I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it?

Reactions: Chrischevy80
Hello @Chrischevy80

What Yealink devices are you using and are the devices provisioned with the default 3CX template?
Usually Yealink devices once they match the number with a contact they will only display the contact as it is imported in the phone and will ignore what is being sent by the PBX.

Does this happen only on Yealink sets? What is being sent by your provider, only one number? I have seen some that send the number twice (once in the name field). I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it?

I think you are right ! The cell phone number is sent both as the name and the phone number. Thanks!

Glad to see the issue has been resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniel Acosta
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.