• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Handset & Windows App Ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadragon

Reaction score
We just set our VP up with 3CX in their office. They have a Windows Client with headset plus a handset on their desk for conference / speaker phone calls. Both are set to the same extension. The PC he is using is plugged into the LAN port on the phone.

On a test call, the physical phone rings 2-3 times before the Windows client does. I also tested the Android app and it rings almost the same time as the physical phone.

Why is the Windows client so laggy? Thanks.

Are your devices local or remote to the 3CX server? Do you experience this sort of behaviour on any other extension, or is this the only one that has both a set and the softphone? Is the App running. and the PC awake, when the call comes in? Both devices route through the same switch?

Both devices route through the same switch?

They'd have to since the PC is plugged into the phones LAN port, right? :(

I have not seen this myself on MAC. I do not use PC too often - but haven't heard of any complaints...

Windows Firewall or other Port Scanner in place?

All internal networks have no port restrictions. The phone and Windows client are on the same sub-net, daisy chained from the same wall plug. The PC was awake as I had just installed the 3CX software on it.

I'll ask him to reboot his machine and see what happens.

It wasn't in the middle of doing those annoying Windows 10 downloads/upgrades, when the call came in. was it?

Reactions: craigreilly
It wasn't in the middle of doing those annoying Windows 10 downloads/upgrades, when the call came in. was it?

Is it me or are these getting worse and worse? You don't even know the updates are downloading - they just bog the machine down. Then after the required reboot - they have been "kicked" off the domain.

It's not you. Unless you run the Enterprise version, you have no idea what your computer is up to.

I did turn off and disable Windows Update Service - but it seems it turns itself on.

The Windows thing happened on my home machine last night. I keep Windows update service turned off until I'm ready to patch. I was encoding a series of videos, went for a drink, came back to find the machine in the middle of an update.

I uninstalled 3CX and re-installed it. I suspect the Kuando busylight software was to blame. Once I gave him the phone, he no longer needed the busy light and disconnected it. Re-installing fixed it.

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.