• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Intercom : Both party cannot hear each other voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Png

Customer
Reaction score
Hi

Can you assist on the possible reasons for the following:-

1) From my 3CX mobile apps, I can intercom a Yealink phone and the person need not pick up the handset to talk. We can hear each other voice.

2) From my Yealink phone extension 0001, I intercom another Yealink extension 0000. There was a beep sound and both phones were connected but unable to hear each other talking.

3) From my Yealink phone extension 0001, I intercom 3CX mobile apps extension 0004. Extension 0004 phone ring just like normal incoming call and ext 0004 needs to press "ANSWER" to answer the call.
In here, what's the difference between an intercom and simply dial into the extension 0004?

I followed the setup instruction below.
Intercom
The intercom feature allows a phone system used to make an announcement to a single extension. In this scenario, the audio is two way, and the called party can respond immediately without picking up the handset. To call a user via the intercom function, add the paging/intercom prefix to the extension number. For example to make an intercom call to extension 100 you should dial: *11100 (if your paging dial code is *11).

You can configure the intercom dial code in “Settings” > “Dial codes” > “Paging.” The user that will use intercom must have the right to do so. Go to “Extensions” > “Edit Extension” > “Rights,” and check the “Can Intercom” option.

The phones with the audio issues where are they located in regards to the phone system?

Have you considered using the setting "PBX delivers audio " on these extensions to see if they solve the problem?

Reactions: Adrian.Jiang
Hi,

I am replying on behalf of Mr. Sean.

Both phones are on the same network ( same office).

> Have you considered using the setting "PBX delivers audio " on these extensions to see if they solve the problem?

We are a little bit confused on this suggestion. If you don't mind, can you explain a little bit more, please?

Both phones are on the same network ( same office).
Yes but where is the server in regards to the phones? Are the phones and server on the same network?

> Have you considered using the setting "PBX delivers audio " on these extensions to see if they solve the problem?

We are a little bit confused on this suggestion. If you don't mind, can you explain a little bit more, please?
If the phones are provisioned using STUN or you are facing audio issues the PBX delivers audio option forces the audio streams to be handled by the PBX. If the phones are provisioned using STUN and they are located in the same LAN then you need this option enabled to have audio between extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.