• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Grandstream ATAs not provisionable via SBC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandenson

Customer
Reaction score
I'm looking at provisioning a grandstream ht802, but my only method is 'local lan'. These devices support sip proxies, any idea what this is limited this way?

I guess my oversight here is that I'm on 15.5 SP6 beta which has support for these units in provisioning, so I'm not trying to manually config it.

Perhaps, being a Beta, it has yet to be fully implemented. Someone at 3CX will have to comment.

yeah, hopefully that's it. I use a ton of these and config them manually so this is a very welcome addition...got a little excited haha

Under the notes section -
https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/grandstream-ht-fxs/

Notes:

• The device must be local to 3CX, in the same subnet and/or locally routed subnet (including site to site VPN)
  • Ensure that you have created the extensions, (or fax extensions), before adding the FXS gateway to the PBX.

Can someone from 3CX comment on why these can't be used with the SBC?

They can be used but won't be offically supported same as all the other gateways.

My guess is due to the complexities of FAX and that the 3CX FAX server is only supported within the local LAN or locally routed subnet.

My +1 for the official pitch also.

Hello @dandenson

Please note that all gateways currently supported by 3CX are only supported for local provisioning and the same will apply for Grandstream gateways as well.

By "Gateways", do you mean PSTN / ISDN / trunk Gateways, or does that include ATAs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.