• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to handle rural remote site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CdnNick

Forum User
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm fairly new to 3cx and am looking at deploying it for the small business I work at. I am trying to move away from a very basic 30+ year old phone system that is in a rural area with only POTS lines. Currently I am working in a test environment hosted on Google cloud service.

A quick overview of what I am trying to do is, we have 2 locations: location 1 is in the city with fibre internet and this is where the PBX and most of the phone will be, location 2 is a rural area that has 3 rolling phone lines (3 different phone numbers) there is no call waiting, and currently answers all the business calls. We want to relocate the office staff to location 1 but still have a need to answer the phones in location 2 during holidays and overnight. We are a 24/7 service based business.

Is there a way to forward incoming calls to 3 remote lines like this? (assuming 3 simultaneous calls)
call 1 goes to line 1
call 2 goes to line 2
call 3 goes to line 3

I configured a call queue to use the 3 phone numbers, is there a better way of doing that?

If 3cx is forwarding a call to an external number does it keep that call active until it's ended, can I record the call in 3cx?

Assuming Remote Site atleast has some internet?
I would, if possible, get rid of the PSTN everwhere... Just use SIP/VoIP Provider.

How many phones at location B?
If just 3 phones - you can put those phones on the 3cx master location using STUN (and supported handsets).

Then use a Call Queue. Whoever is logged in will get calls.
https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/call-center-queues/

Or even a Ring Group
https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/ring-groups-paging-intercom/

But I think Queues would be better for your need. You say you setup the Call Queue with 3 phone numbers. Do you mean 3 DID rules all to the same queue? You may be able to save some money... you do not really need 3 phone numbers if they are not published. Just 1 number... But again, this would be not using the Copper lines.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the only internet available out there is rural wireless and it's not reliable enough for voice calls, I've tried it out and the calls have all kinds of sound issues or it just simply drops the call after a few seconds.

So my only real option out there is using the POTS lines.

I did the queue instead of ring group because I wanted to use the 3 different phone numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julian1234
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.