• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Considering moving small office to 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico sajovic

Reaction score
Interested in hosting on google or amazon. I can't find any recommendations for cloud server requirements for 8 simultaneous calls.

the 3CX supported SIP trunk providers list seems pretty limited. Any recommendations for reliable providers?

If our internet connection has been extremely reliable, how reliable would moving to SIP from PSTN be?

Is 3CX based on Asterix? or any other open source PBX software?

Thanks.

3cx is 3cx. Based on its own codebase. Elastix v5 is, however, powered by 3cx.
Re: VoIP Providers: What country are you in?
I have moved 2 offices off old systems - 1 from ISDN and the other from partial T1. Both no hiccups. Smooth sailing. Haven't looked back.

I have not hosted on Google or other - but 8 calls - is that where you will be most of the time - or you think you will be around 1/2 that? Start the VM small - test - and upgrade when needed.

I am in the Massachusetts, US.

Almost always less than 4 simultaneous calls. 8 simultaneous calls is the license I am considering purchasing.

The hardware requirements are minimal. I can't imagine the cloud requirements being anymore than the minimum service available from Google or AWS. Still would like confirmation.

I am in the Massachusetts, US.

Almost always less than 4 simultaneous calls. 8 simultaneous calls is the license I am considering purchasing.

The hardware requirements are minimal. I can't imagine the cloud requirements being anymore than the minimum service available from Google or AWS. Still would like confirmation.

I run my 8SC on Digital Ocean's very basic plan. It costs $5 a month for 25 gigs of space, 1 CPU and 1 gig of ram. It's more than enough for my needs.

I've found with Google Cloud that the best config for my clients running 8SC is the following:
1 vCPU
2 GB RAM
30 GB dedicated SSD space (you could use less, but it's so cheap why bother?)

Please note, that there are minimum required specs if you have/want paid support from 3CX. This configuration should meet those requirements.

see: https://www.3cx.com/docs/recommended-hardware-specifications-for-3cx/

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.