• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Welcome email in another language

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraichle

Free User
Reaction score
After I installed v15.5 the welcome email seemed to default to Spanish. Any idea why this would happen and how to change it to English?

Hello Kraichle,

The language of the "welcome email " depends on the culture and system locale . If you installed on a Spanish locale, the welcome email will be in Spanish. To set it to English, you need to change the system locale to English and restart the machine.

The locale already seemed to be set to United States. I rebooted the system just to make sure and it still sends the welcome email in Spanish. Is there also a setting in 3CX? I noticed all the other email messages in the email server settings area are in English, the Extension Welcome email is the only one in Spanish. Maybe it's the only one that changes though.

upload_2018-9-18_8-29-38.png

Hello,

1. Go to administrative tab.
2. click on "change system locale", select your locale and click "Ok"
3. click on "copy settings" and enable the two options highlighted in the attachment below.
4. restart the system.

Please let us know how things work out.

upload_2018-9-18_17-12-36.png

Well look at that, it was in Spanish. No idea how it got that way, but thanks. All is good now :D

upload_2018-9-18_11-17-50.png

@Vanni, I would assume you'd do similar to what I did when I changed the language to English per roland's recommendation. I guess that would be for every extension.

@kraichle, our machines are on Debian that is bit different from Microsoft OS. I suppose should be an option within 3CX to switch the language for the welcome email.

Reactions: KarstenW
How on how to change the language of the welcome email when we are on Debian Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristianNetron
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.