• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Send audio to paging system from 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulcaudill

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I know this is probably a long shot but Is it posable when someone calls into the phone system and hits a ring group and if no one picks up in say 5 ring it goes to an IVR that gives the person the option to leave a VM or to have a pre-recorded message play over the paging system that would park them and then say something like "person on hold for sales" so someone else in the office could pick it up?

would be nice... i've asked for similar behavior on an individual extension.

"This is Craig. I'm not at my desk right now. To page me within the building, press 1; for my voicemail, press 2."
Then the system pages "<recorded name> you have a call on Park <x>"

This is absolutely possible with a little coding. I'll try to address both paulcaudill and craigreilly with one solution. If the call has been waiting in a queue too long, you could fail them over an IVR that gives them options to leave a voicemail or hold while the person is paged. If they select to hold, transfer the call to a CFD extension that invokes an external code component that finds an available paging location, performs a makecall to the paging system stating a caller is waiting on SP(x) and then transfers the call to the paging location.

Reactions: NickD_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.