• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink T42s Not Supported and showing MAC instead of FW ver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mholman

Reaction score
We are running 15.5.10244.4. Under Phones | Fw. Version field, our Yealink T42s phones were showing as not supported and displayed what was the installed firmware at the time - 66.81.0.110. Looking at the 3cx link for supported firmware versions, we found that 66.83.0.20 was the latest supported, so we upgraded.

Now it still shows Not Supported, but it no longer shows the firmware version, but rather shows MAC address.

This is under Phones | and looking at the Fw. Version it shows the following as an example:
Not Supported 001565c1ae8d

are you dhcp option 66 provisioning the phone, if so factory reset it.

could it be ip banned.

Reactions: craigreilly
Hi,

Please update to v15.5 SP6

are you dhcp option 66 provisioning the phone, if so factory reset it.

could it be ip banned.
Yes we are dhcp option 66. I just tried a factory reset, it rebooted twice and came back displaying the same in the admin console. It is getting an IP successfully and the phone is operational, I am just slightly concerned that is shows as "not supported" and it is not displaying the firmware as it should.

Did you update via 3CX or push the firmware direct? There are slight variations in some of the firmware between what is loaded in 3CX and direct download. We commonly see this with Polycom phone firmware.

@mholman
Hi,
You need to update your PBX too.

xx.83.0.20 version is perfectly work with SP6 of 3cx PBX.
When I compared the captures made on the same yealink device running the V81 and V83 I saw the following difference (MAC is changed)
V81: User-Agent: Yealink SIP-T46G 28.81.0.110
V83: User-Agent: Yealink SIP-T46G 28.83.0.55 001234567890

As you can see, in the new V83 the yealink phones are sending the MAC in the SIP user-agent and, I think, this mac is properly used and handled by 3cx in the new SP6 version.

So, update your PBX to the latest SP6 and your problem, will be solved.
And, just a small suggestion, try to not update the template to the latest but keep the PBX old - this always causing some problems.

Did you update via 3CX or push the firmware direct? There are slight variations in some of the firmware between what is loaded in 3CX and direct download. We commonly see this with Polycom phone firmware.

We upgraded them by specifying the provisioning server in the template file and let the phone upgrade on a reboot.

I may try to upgrade to SP6 per phonemaster's suggestion.

@mholman
Hi,

When I compared the captures made on the same yealink device running the V81 and V83 I saw the following difference (MAC is changed)

As you can see, in the new V83 the yealink phones are sending the MAC in the SIP user-agent and, I think, this mac is properly used and handled by 3cx in the new SP6 version.

And, just a small suggestion, try to not update the template to the latest but keep the PBX old - this always causing some problems.

I will give this a try next downtime window; however, only SP5 shows in our updates option via the GUI (I assume I can download the latest and run it manually on the server), and last time I tried to run the SP5 upgrade it failed. I have not had time to pursue why the upgrade failed yet. Is it ok to go directly to SP6 and skip SP5? We may have the same upgrade issue either way.

I will give this a try next downtime window; however, only SP5 shows in our updates option via the GUI (I assume I can download the latest and run it manually on the server), and last time I tried to run the SP5 upgrade it failed. I have not had time to pursue why the upgrade failed yet. Is it ok to go directly to SP6 and skip SP5? We may have the same upgrade issue either way.

I just read you need to do step upgrades, so I need to resolve the upgrade issue to SP 5 before I can continue. Stay tuned.

@mholman
Hi,

@phonemaster,
I have successfully upgraded to SP5 and then SP6 and I am still seeing the same. I even tried reverting to the previous phone template instead of the new one and still the same result.
Not sure where to go next.

@phonemaster,
I have successfully upgraded to SP5 and then SP6 and I am still seeing the same. I even tried reverting to the previous phone template instead of the new one and still the same result.
Not sure where to go next.
Another update. I have been using templates that have just a few modifications to them. I had modified the old template and the newly released template to meet our needs, but apparently one of those modifications is causing this behavior. I put the new default template (without mods) and the issue is gone. I now will diff the two files/templates and try to identify the issue.

Thanks for all the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.