• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Basic Call Flow question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmmd4988

Forum User
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Just trying to understand how CFD (Call Flow Designer) fits in when handling calls.

Daytime: Caller has options 1) Setup service call (meaning go to queue of agents) 2) go to Accounting (forward to main office outside line) 3) go to HR (again forward to outside line).

IF they choose 1) from above it goes to agent queue but if agents are busy and calls not answered in say 2 minutes I want to forward these calls to our main call center which is again an outside number.

Then

After hours calls go to menu option to either leave VM or go to answering service for emergency tech dispatch.

My question is it seems to me I have to use some from each area: Queues, CFD and Digital Receptionist.
Can ALL of this be done in just CFD?

Just not understanding the connection between all the tools (Queue, CFD and DR) especially since you put a CFD file inside a Queue.

Can someone shed a little light on this for me please?

A CFD app can handle the menu, and transfer the call to different destinations.

When the call is in a normal queue of agents, and you need to forward the call somewhere else after 2 minutes, then you need to use the standard queue configuration setting the Destination if no answer option...

The CFD app handles the call as long as it is connected to the queue where it is contained. The queue having the CFD app doesn't act as a real queue, it just gives you an extension number so you can route calls to this app...

Kind regards.

Honestly, I see no reason to do any of this with a CFD application because everything you have listed can be done natively in 3CX. While you could do much of this with a CFD, why do it?

The one scenario that you didn't really elaborate on is how the decision is made after-hours to send a call to voicemail or to the emergency dispatch. I could see a scenario where you want to look up the caller to determine whether the caller has paid for after-hours support. If this is the case, then a CFD would be appropriate.

But even this could be handled by a simple question in a Digital Receptions... something like "if this is an emergency situation, and you need an after-hours support technician you can be transferred to the next available agent at a cost of XXXXX. To be transferred to a support tech, press 1. To leave a message, press 2".

My advice is do as much as you can using the available options in 3CX and only do those portions that can be done no other way using a CFD.

Thanks edossantos and voiptoys. Both answered helps. The comment ' The queue having the CFD app doesn't act as a real queue' clarify's one of the questions I had. And if I can do most outside of CFD I like that also.

The after hours would be by choosing a menu option 1 or 2 so that should be easy.

Gary
Omaha, NE

Sounds like you don't need the CFD at all. Do everything in 3CX.

I think so. Lastly what is best method to transfer call to an outside phone number. I have an extension setup with call forward now and ring time at min. allowed before it will forward. Haven't tested but that is my first approach.

That seems to be the best method for transferring calls to an external number within an IVR.

For my DID's I thought I could forward directly to a Digital Receptionist first. Looks like only options for DID to forward to on my inbound rules is to forward to extension, VM, outside number, fax or end call.

DID's - look at the bottom of the Extension list for IVR's, Ring Groups, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.