• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

BLF speed dial for page ring group

Status
Not open for further replies.

newuser1

Premier Customer
Reaction score
I have a receptionist phone where I want to program a button to page a group of speakers. When I go to program a speed dial, I do not see the ext for paging but I do see the individual speaker extensions. Is this possible?

If the speakers all have multicast, then that may be a better way to go.
Each speaker area has a "ALL CALL" Multicast IP.
Then each speaker has an "AREA" Multicast IP - SouthEast, SouthWest, etc.
And even further, some speakers might have "GROUP" Multicast IP. (multiple speakers on the same floor - all of 2nd floor)
Although the speakers can be endpoints - I do not have them setup that way, so they do not show as an extension.

Then I set up the Ring Groups in 3cx.
700 - PAGE ALL
701 - PAGE WAREHOUSE
702 - PAGE UPSTAIRS
703 - PAGE DOWNSTAIRS
704 - SALES AREA
705 - MARKETING
etc.

Or you can create a Ring Group and add all the speakers as members of that Ring Group. Then on the reception phone BLF, choose custom speed dial, enter the number of the ring group and Page as the name.

Depending on how many speakers you have in the ring group, Craig Reilly's suggestion above might have better performance if they have multicast. Then you would create a ring group but choose multicast as the strategy. You could still create the blf key on the phone as I mentioned above.

Are ring groups extensions supposed to show in the speed dial BLF? I see my speaker extensions but no paging or ring group extensions.

They are not BLF's. You can manually add them as a BLF using a Custom template - which we used to do for Paging buttons. I have since stopped that practice.

The custom speed dial solved the trick, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.