• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Audio Conference Emails Won't Send

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymouspineapple85

Reaction score
I am having issues with getting email notifications to go out to participants when scheduling an audio conference in 3CX. These emails will not go out when we have the mail server set to our own. Every other email notification goes. The system tests go out. The Audio Conference invites do not.

I changed the email server to the 3CX SMTP Server, the email notifications for audio conferences go out then.

We are on 15.5 update 6. I had no issues with these invitations going out prior to update 6.

When using Custom - do you see anything in your mail logs for the Conference Calls? This would rule out if 3cx or not.
I just tested added an Audio Conference using 3cx Phone for Mac. I am using an in-house IIS SMTP Server to relay to Office 365. The email was received fine for all parties.
I actually prefer using Webclient now - as I can select Office365 and it opens up my Webmail to send the invite.

Thanks for the reply.

We checked the logs, and nothing there for conference calls. The system sends all other emails with the exception of email for conference calls.So emails work for the system for the following.

Voicemail alerts
SLA Breach
Lost Queue Calls
Test Email
Blacklists
Console Logins.

I am sure it works for other email notifications as well. Email notifications for Conferences worked prior to update 6.

I wonder if the email template is corrupt?
Subject:
Code:
3CX Phone System - You are invited to attend a conference call - %%CONFERENCENAME%%

Body:
Code:
To join dial %%EXTERNALNUMBER%% and enter the conference ID %%CONFERENCEID%%.
Internal employees can join by dialing %%INTERNALNUMBER%% followed by conference ID %%CONFERENCEID%%.
Notes: %%CONFERENCEDESC%%

I originally thought that my issue was with the MAILTEMPLATE_CONFERENCE_DEFAULT system parameter. Everything looks correct though.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<template>
<from_display_name/>
<subject>3CX Phone System - You are invited to attend a conference call - %%CONFERENCENAME%%</subject>
<body>
To join dial %%EXTERNALNUMBER%% and enter the conference ID %%CONFERENCEID%%.
Internal employees can join by dialing %%INTERNALNUMBER%% followed by conference ID %%CONFERENCEID%%.
Notes: %%CONFERENCEDESC%%
</body>
</template>

Below is my MAILTEMPLATE_CONFERENCE_PARAMETERS
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<parameters>
<parameter name="%%CONFERENCENAME%%">Conference name</parameter>
<parameter name="%%EXTERNALNUMBER%%">Conference external number</parameter>
<parameter name="%%CONFERENCEID%%">Conference ID PIN</parameter>
<parameter name="%%CONFERENCEDESC%%">Conference Description</parameter>
<parameter name="%%INTERNALNUMBER%%">Conference internal number</parameter>
<parameter name="%%STARTTIME%%">Conference internal number</parameter>
</parameters>

Looks like you are digging thru the filesystem instead of checking the setup within the GUI. It does look correct at quick glance.

I went into conferencing section to look. I have that code you provided there.

We are having the exact same issue. Conference invite notification emails are not sending, but all other system emails are and the 3CX system SMTP test works fine as well. We send through O365 and had no issues prior to moving to 15.5 SP6.

Any resolution or even acknowledgement of this issue yet?

We are also having this issue.. and looking for any type of resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.