• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Edit group mail box greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

newuser1

Premier Customer
Reaction score
I searched the forums and found no recent information on this. Is it possible to change the greeting for a ring group if no answer? I see that 3cx will send an email of the voicemail to the group, but is there a way to access the mailbox from the phone to listen to the messages?

no

What is the work around if a main number is called that is routed to a group of receptionists? Send the call to one of their voice mail boxes?

I send the call to another extension that is a dummy.
So, ie: 102,103,104 part of ring group.
If no answer - goto ext 101 voicemail.
101 Email is a group that includes all 3 users.
And, now, you can record a greeting for just 101 that can say "You have reached our General Mailbox.. .etc."

I set it up before I saw this reply. What I ended up doing was pointing the ring group and if no answer after 60 sec, it goes to IVR which tells caller to hit 0 to leave a message. This method works if I call the ring group internally but if I call the DID, it rings to the reception phone and then to her person voice mail (not IVR). Any idea why?

What does the INBOUND ROUTE tell the DID to do?

Interesting if I call the local DID I have with my SIP provider, it works, but we have a RCF of another DID that I confirmed points to the same local DID and it doesn't work if I call the RCF number.

Check the destination of the DID in question under Inbound Rules.

And also for each extension - "forwarding rules".

And also the trunk - general tab, "route calls to" section.

Does the "RCF" caller id present as that number when it hits your system and if so, is it in the Inbound Rules... and possible with a wild card - depending on how the number is sent?

Does the "RCF" caller id present as that number when it hits your system and if so, is it in the Inbound Rules... and possible with a wild card - depending on how the number is sent?
That was it, thanks! Had to put the RCF number in SIP trunk DID and add it to the ring group. Thanks for everyone's feedback. The odd part is, the carrier had the local DID in the call records in their system, not the forwarded number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.