• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Let users reset their passwords or resend the Configuration

Jonas Zürcher

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
The Webclient should let a user resend the welcome-mail or reset their password, if it's lost.

Upvote 9
Webclient
Click on the User Icon at top right
Click Resend Credentials

They can also change their password from here.

The only thing they can not do is recover a lost password like many websites offer.

Webclient
Click on the User Icon at top right
Click Resend Credentials

They can also change their password from here.

The only thing they can not do is recover a lost password like many websites offer.

I was not clear enough. I know these features of 3cx. What I mean is like a self-service for the users in the way they become able to resend their login data ("like many websites offer").

Users can only change or receive their password if they already have valid credentials from which they can obtain configurations for clients and so on. My suggestion covers the case where users have lost their login and have no access to their profile via the web client or softphone.

"The Webclient should let a user resend the welcome-mail " <- IT DOES.
"The Webclient Login Screen should let a user resend the welcome-mail " <- IT DOES NOT.

Don't be rude. Sometimes something seems very clear when you think about it for yourself. Instead of correcting me like a child you could ask what exactly I mean. It's not my job to give any input in this forum at all, so please be nice.

I think I also made very clear what functionality I mean:
Users can only change or receive their password if they already have valid credentials from which they can obtain configurations for clients and so on. My suggestion covers the case where users have lost their login and have no access to their profile via the web client or softphone.

Agreed. Users should be able to enter their extension number at the web client login screen and have the welcome email sent to the address on file.

Bump
Is this not a feature yet?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.