• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Can nslookup activation.3cx.com but PBX will not refresh license information

Status
Not open for further replies.

packnet

Reaction score
I have been through many other forum posts but none are resolving my issue.

I have purchased maintenance which should have been active from 14th September but I get the same error message "Unable to reach 3CX License Activation Server. Confirm that your Primary DNS Server is able to resolve activation.3cx.com"

I am using Debian install with 3CX on the latest edition. I only use Google DNS as its nameserver and I have rebooted the system at least once to make sure.

/etc/interfaces = dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8

root@3cx-reliance:~# nslookup activation.3cx.com
Server: 8.8.8.8
Address: 8.8.8.8#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: activation.3cx.com
Address: 151.80.125.88

When I run tcpdump -nn port 53 and click "Refresh License Key Information" no data is output.

The pbx can ping and nslookup activation.3cx.com, it also uses/resolves smtp-proxy.3cx.net (which I can see when running tcpdump) but it will not refresh my license key information :-(

I am worried about what will happen to the client's PBX as this could have serious knock-on effects.

So you said you purchased maintenance, what proof of that do you have? Can you see the updated maintenance in your customer port and/or did you get the license PDF from whoever you purchased maintenance from?

You also didn't mention what version of 3CX you are on.

So you said you purchased maintenance, what proof of that do you have? Can you see the updated maintenance in your customer port and/or did you get the license PDF from whoever you purchased maintenance from?

I bought it from 3CX... I wouldn't start this thread if I never bought the maintenance. The maintenance is no longer listed as 'Expiring' on my portal. I have a PDF invoice from 3CX but I obviously cannot post this.

You also didn't mention what version of 3CX you are on.

I said I was on the latest edition in the OP. Professional Perpetual v 15.5.5.15502.6

I was just curious in case you bought it from someone else that hadn't processed your order yet but that doesn't appear to be the case. I was also curious as to the version because latest to some people could mean any version of v15.5.

As far as the Debian install are you on Debian 8 or 9 and did you do a vanilla Debian install and then 3CX or install from the 3CX ISO?

OK after some very lengthy troubleshooting from me and 3CX support staff we got there.

DNS IPv6 had to be commented out in /etc/network/interfaces

Crazy, but it worked.

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.