• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Stopped Services Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin_lin

Reaction score
3CX Service notification

Following service(s) were stopped recently:
3CXAudioProvider01
3CXPhoneSystemMC01
3CXSystemService01
3CXQueueManager01
3CXIVR01
3CXPhoneSystem01
3CXCfgServ01

I used free year 3cx hosted pbx and just created it yesterday and received this email last night.
And when I tried to login to management console it said multiple attempts to login with wrong password and I can not login. I didn't even get a chance to change the system assigned password.

Anyone has any clue?

Strange. I just refreshed the browser and it just went through and loged in

And I logged out and logged in using system assigned password yesterday and it went through

Really confused. And yesterday when I was still in the management console I created an extension and added a gxp1625 phone to that extension using phone's MAC and now the phone just rang itself. And just now I deleted the phone from console and deleted the extension and phone still rang. I also factory reset the phone and the phone still rang from time to time.

Please help me. I am drowning.

the hardware router doesn't allow any ports in

I will shutdown every machine except router in my network to see what will happen

And the phone's call log showed calls from 911011867714993

I mean 911011967714993

the last few number is always 011967714993.
Like three minutes ago the call from 77011967714993

Am I the only one having this ?

It is a Grandstream GXP 1625 ip phone

Last edited by a moderator:
So this phone is not registered in 3CX? If you have ports open in the remote site, maybe someone is "attacking" the phone directly.

Check the 3CX Call log to see if you got such a call via 3CX. If not, what I said before.

I was trying to register the phone to 3cx on the cloud but then I was not able to log into 3cx management console until yesterday. Then I loged in and delete the phone from 3cx and it still rang. I finally solved it by rebooting the router. Strange.

I don't think I registered the phone successfully. Do I need to open any ports on the 3cx hosted cloud for phone registration? I couldn't find the place to open ports on console.

Or I have to open any ports on my end ?

Obviously the first thing is to make sure the 3CX Firewall Checker passes to make sure all forwarding on the 3CX server is done correctly.

you haven't explicitly mentioned it, but I assume that the GXP 1625 is a remote STUN phone. If this is the case you also should open some ports on the Remote Site as well (where the phone is). A guide of what you need to do is here: https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/configuring-ip-phones/#h.ul2fzupi6t22/#h.rff40x4owe3y

More specifically, for each remote STUN phone you can configure some ports:
upload_2018-9-18_12-16-51.png

These need to be open and forwarded to the phone on the remote location firewall. Also as mentioned in the guide, the set of ports should be unique per remote location.

I just need to open these ports on remote site where the phone is for provision then after provision I can close these opened ports or I have to keep these ports open for continuing using the phone?

I just need to open these ports on remote site where the phone is for provision then after provision I can close these opened ports or I have to keep these ports open for continuing using the phone?
No, you must keep the ports open. Think of it this way, for the reason you need to open the ports on the Firewall between 3CX and the internet, for the exact same reason you need to open them on the firewall between the Remote STUN phone and the internet.

But I have another ATA device which was sent by an VoIP service provider and I didn't open any ports I just connected a phone to its phone port then ATA just connected to provider's pbx without opening any ports on phone side. Does ata work the same way as sip phone?

I couldn't answer that, I don't know what ATA they sent you.

In general though, you will find many discussions on the forum about this. The 100% correct and reliable way to get remote STUN extensions to work is to keep the ports open.
It may work without doing this, but if it doesn't, that would be the first thing towards solving your problem.

it is just a cisco spa122. I bought one to find out if it has builtin vpn or something but it doesn't have a builtin vpn. Then I bought a cisco spa3102 which has a fxo port so I can connect a tel line to it. Then I put cisco spa3102 on other site behind the router and I forwarded both sip and rtp ports to spa3102. But on spa122 site I didn't open any ports . Then if I called the line plugged into spa3102 the spa122 can ring and answer no problem. It has something to do with spa122 's keep-live and rport and external ip or stun server settings. I am still confused all about these and have to try and error. I am learning to read the syslog so that I can have better understanding what is under hood.

and another strange thing is I already delete the phone from management console and I factory reset gxp1620/1625. But the provision setting still comes back.

The problem of open ports on remote stun phone site is not every one knows how to do it and many people doesn't event know how to access the router so I am trying to find a solution without modifying remote phone site's router

This is really strange. I double checked the management console that there is no extension with this gxp 1620 phone and under phone tab there is nothing there . But every time I reset the phone the 3cx provision server appear on the 1620's config server setting.

Is that because I didn't successfully register the phone at the first place? when I registered the phone it did not appear under phone tab. i think that is because i did not open necessary port for phone registration so the registration process is not really finished. When dong the registration the phone was rebooted and ask me to enter user name and password but since i never open the port this process somehow is stuck there so now every time the phone is reset it is trying to continue the registration process

This is really strange. I double checked the management console that there is no extension with this gxp 1620 phone and under phone tab there is nothing there . But every time I reset the phone the 3cx provision server appear on the 1620's config server setting.
This is because you added the phone once with provisioning method "STUN", so we added this device to the Grandstream RPS. So when the phone resets, it gets the link from GS RPS server.
By the time though you have deleted the extension, it should not register or provision.

The entry from the RPS server will automatically be deleted after 14 days, as long as you don't create another extension with that MAC Address with provisioning method "STUN" again.

OK. That is why. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.