• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Multiple night modes for different locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrLloyd

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips for creating a "night mode" that can be manually controlled for a networked system- We have 5 sites that are in 2 different time zones, and want the ability to be able to "transfer the phones" to another ring group on demand, without affecting the other locations. I have 3 different answering scenarios I am trying to accommodate.

The "on demand" might be the hardest thing to overcome, but if you elaborate on how the system should operate, maybe someone has an idea.
  • "On demand". who would be switching/altering the behavior? Users? Are they allowed in the Management Console? Or must it be with something lie a dial code?
  • "without affecting the other locations". What do you mean exactly by this?
  • What are the 3 answering scenarios?

They need 3 "modes"
Day mode- incoming calls come in to a ring group- delay to another ring group
night mode- calls come in to a ring group
after hours- calls are forwarded to a service

cannot use day/night mode on the system as same system is in use at 5 other facility.

They currently have a "control phone" that all parties know how to come in and push the appropriate button.

I think I can do all of this with presence and program buttons, but the one thing I think I would be missing is having the ability to have this "control phone" ring.

If a presence setting forwards all calls to a ring group, and that same phone is in the ring group- will it ring?

A lot of users on the forum are doing it, as you said, using the a 3CX Client installed somewhere where:
  1. Inbound Rule points to an extension that this 3CX Client is registered with.
  2. In the Extension Settings of that extension:
    - Away Profile --> Day Mode RG
    - DnD Profile--> Night Mode RG
    - Custom 2 (Business Trip) Profile --> After Hours service
You must make sure that this 3CX Client is always registered to avoid potential routing issues, but generally changing between the 3CX Profiles, you should get this.

An alternate, slightly more stable way would be to have all calls go to a CFD project, that would control where the call would be sent to.
The "on demand" switching could also be programmed into the CFD where someone could dial into it and change the destination that it sends external calls to.
This though is a bit more complicated to configure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.