• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Phones not registering after connection flap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nash Patel

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have observed that whenever there is a flap in connection some of the phones register while others don't. This has been observed over multiple PBXs.

Interesting thing is when we change the trasport mode to TCP the phone registers back again.

Has anyone observed same thing?

Any help/suggestion would be appreciated.

Need more info - for instance, topology?
Where is the server? Where are the phones? SBC? STUN?

Yes it is set for STUN. There is a VPN connection from server to Local site. Devices are Yealink 23P.

Pardon me if information is limited I am just setting a foot in 3CX system.

If you have a site to site vpn between the 3CX server and local phones network, just configure the phones as local lan and not stun.

Maybe worth changing one phone to local lan, to see if this resolves the issue.

The phones are configured for local lan I have just confirmed for one of the sites and still same issue.

Also I have observed this is a known issue going on since Feb 2017 and no one has posted the solution for it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.