• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Updated SIP Trunk automatically activated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Zuercher

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hello Forum,

i can't find information about updating SIP Trunk profiles. When installing the updates through 3CX Admin, will the already existing SIP Trunks be updated too or does this only affect new SIP Trunks?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

kind regards

Guy

Hi Guy,

SIP Trunk updates you may download do not affect any current SIP Trunks you may have on your system, even if the SIP Trunk update is for a provider you have.

We did it this way as some users have customized their provider settings for whatever reason, so we didn't want to change things.
What you can do however is (what I do at least):
  1. download the SIP Trunk update.
  2. Open the Management Console 2 times, split screen, one left one right.
  3. On the Left open your existing, working SIP Trunk
  4. On the right create a new Provider that will use the new template (do not press the OK to create it though)
  5. Go through each tab of the already existing and the new one, comparing the differences.
  6. Once you are done, for your existing Provider press OK, and for the new one press Cancel so that it is not created.

hope that helps.

Thank you very much, Nick. I suspected it was going to come down to that.

BTW: How can i mark this thread as solved?

you are most welcome!

No worries, I'll do it for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.