• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Firewall Checker - Ubiquiti Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Rhodes

Reaction score
This is my first time setting up the system on a Ubiguiti router. In the firewall checker, I am getting the "Full Cone Test Failed". The system seems to be working fine and I can make calls in and out. What causes the full cone test failure? Ive tried the articles from the "How to resolve" and made sure all the right ports are open.

Thanks,
David

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    36.6 KB · Views: 14
I had similar issue on Mikrotik and one day the test passed. No changes to the Firewall.

Did you turn off SIP ALG?

Did you turn off SIP ALG?

Yes, SIP ALG is turned off. The screenshot in the original post shows that SIP ALG was not detected in the firewall scanner.

Have you tried using the Port Forwarding option?

So not detected does not mean you turned it off. Not detected means exactly what it says. Ubiquiti did not expose the ability to turn off SIP ALG in the controller until relatively recently unless you were running BETA or ALPHA versions so unless you did a custom json it was always on, hence the question. I'd also make sure you aren't running the IDS/IPS on the USG, at least when you run the test as it may be interfering with the test because of the traffic pattern. I haven't run the firewall test in a while on any of my installs with USGs so I'll try one off hours to see if I have the same issue.

And as @craigreilly mentioned sometimes it's just an intermittent failure. 3CX has had problems with their firewall checker/ALG detector throwing false positives before.

Reactions: Eliq91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.