• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail to Email Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

thames

Customer
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Every time I set up a 3CX PBX I've always created a standard extension (usually the Operator or first one I create) and then it simply becomes the default voicemail extension, with everything set to "go to voicemail".

I have just noticed with 15.5 that there is a specific setup under Settings / Voicemail Settings which allows me to create a voicemail extension. However this extension never shows up in the extensions list and there is nowhere I can see where to say send the Emails with attachments to.

Am I being dumb? :D

Cheers
Chris

The send to email is under each EXTENSION.
The default Voicemail Extension? Not sure what you mean here?
Voicemail is always 99, or 999, or 9999, etc.

This is the 3cx system voicemail extension, which controls / handles all voicemails.

when you access voicemail, this is the extension you dial,

Thanks, folks - I set up this particular system with voicemail ext 6000 because it was far away from what they wanted to use. Then I got all confused between the "main" voicemail and all the extension voicemails. Apologies - I went and got some sleep then realised it was a silly question.

Reactions: craigreilly
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.