• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Conference Emails not sending

Status
Not open for further replies.

revilo951

Customer
Reaction score
I'm on v15.5 (on Windows)

SMTP test emails work, as well as welcome emails, backup notifications and failed call warnings etc.

However, emails for web meetings or audio conference don't send. There's nothing in the event log about it either.

v15.5 sp6?

Restart and pray. I've seen intermittent reports of emails not sending out with no definitive answer or fix. And is this with 3CX SMTP server or?

v15.5 sp6?

Restart and pray. I've seen intermittent reports of emails not sending out with no definitive answer or fix. And is this with 3CX SMTP server or?

A restart didn't fix it.

I'm on 15.5.15502.6

Using office 365 SMTP

A restart didn't fix it.

I'm on 15.5.15502.6

Using office 365 SMTP

Out of curiosity, can you please try 3CX SMTP and let us know the outcome?

Well, the 3CX SMTP works...

We need to be able to use our own SMTP though.

revilo951

That is the version we are using. I can confirm we had no issues prior to moving to update 6. All which is mentioned in my post as well.

We checked event viewer, looked at 3CX log files, and nothing in regards to the email service issues.

To roland_3CX.

I went through the System files and looked at MAILTEMPLATE_CONFERENCE_DEFAULT, and nothing looks weird there. You can check the text for that parameter int he link craigreilly provided above.

I have rebooted the services. I have rebooted the phone server. None of these items fix the issue.

revilo951

That is the version we are using. I can confirm we had no issues prior to moving to update 6. All which is mentioned in my post as well.

We checked event viewer, looked at 3CX log files, and nothing in regards to the email service issues.

To roland_3CX.

I went through the System files and looked at MAILTEMPLATE_CONFERENCE_DEFAULT, and nothing looks weird there. You can check the text for that parameter int he link craigreilly provided above.

I have rebooted the services. I have rebooted the phone server. None of these items fix the issue.

Hi revilo951,

You've mentioned that SMTP test works along with welcome emails, backup notifications and failed call warnings etc, except for emails for webmeeting or audio conference. Can you please check spam. Sometimes it can happen. This way we can eliminate that possibility as well.

I, as of today, am now also having this issue. Nothing is caught in SPAM, and when I check the exchange logs, it doesn't even show as the system tried to send the email. It's as if it just never sent. Tried via 3cx App and Web Extensions.

Hi revilo951,

You've mentioned that SMTP test works along with welcome emails, backup notifications and failed call warnings etc, except for emails for webmeeting or audio conference. Can you please check spam. Sometimes it can happen. This way we can eliminate that possibility as well.

Checked spam, nothing.

Checked spam, nothing.

Hi revilo951,

We have replicated both cases on our end and they work as expected. One thing that Webmeeting and Audio Conf. have in common is the ICS. Please check it could be something on the server itself.

One thing that Webmeeting and Audio Conf. have in common is the ICS. Please check it could be something on the server itself.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is ICS?

Hi revilo951,

We have replicated both cases on our end and they work as expected. One thing that Webmeeting and Audio Conf. have in common is the ICS. Please check it could be something on the server itself.
When you say you replicated both and it works as expected, are you saying that you used the 3CX SMTP server and O365 and the email notifications for voice and video conferences went out just fine?

I did some additional testing and this works with a gmail account.

We have this same issue. It started right around the 15.5 SP6 time frame. We also use O365 to send conference notifications. Other notifications send correctly (welcome email, blacklist, SMTP test, etc.)

We can switch to 3CX SMTP and that seems to work ok. That said, we'd strongly prefer to utilize the O365 3CX feature...

Last edited:
When you say you replicated both and it works as expected, are you saying that you used the 3CX SMTP server and O365 and the email notifications for voice and video conferences went out just fine?

Hi Anonymous,

We have tested audio conference and Webmeeting emails again, using office 365 SMTP and the emails are received just fine. Please contact 3CX support for further investigation regarding this issue.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is ICS?

Hello Revilo951,

An ICS is a text file that includes calendar event details like a description, beginning and ending times, location, etc.

Same issue here for multiple clients! This HAS to be a bug of some sort. Multiple clients on service pack 6 now (Thanks to the required update) and all use O365. Now conference emails are not working. We are opening a ticket per @roland_3CX 's post above.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Same here, no conference calender updates since SP6 installed last week.. all other emailing options seems to work fine with Office365 relay. Tried changing to Custom with internal mail relay host and it worked fine, back to Office365 method and nothing. Definately a bug :~0

Well, the 3CX SMTP works...

We need to be able to use our own SMTP though.

This I don't understand. When 3CX came out with their SMTP service I was so happy. It solved all my issues such as having to lower Gmail security and the fact it didn't work with Office 365 at all (in earlier versions). Every install I have is using 3CX SMTP except one because their IT vendor can't configure their firewall properly so my outbound traffic comes from a different IP than what is configured in 3CX so 3CX SMTP fails. I'm not sure why you feel you 'need' to use your own SMTP but I'd revisit that stance if at all possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.