• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Down state

Status
Not open for further replies.

newuser1

Premier Customer
Reaction score
Hello,

Any ideas/thoughts here would be appreciated. I noticed this morning that my SIP trunk was down and then I go to look at the logs and it says DNS error resolving FQDN, however, if I ssh to the 3CX server itself, and can resolve any public name I can think of including the sip trunk FQDN. I also see issues with my phones registering and cannot make calls internally. They are all on the same subnet. Rebooting the server does not help the issue. Any ideas?

Try putting the SIP Trunk credentials directly into a phone to possibly rule out issues with the network routing.

Dozens of new phones were plugged in last night and were planned on being provisioned by the system in the am. I killed them from the switch ports and after the system has been stable. Issue is now have to turn on ports one by one to see which unit is the culprit. The SIP trunk in event status is no longer bouncing and my park statuses are remaining lit or green. Not sure why a new phone on the network would cause this behavior but I guess its a good learning experience.

I always setup new phones on a small network with a residential type router for DHCP and factory reset them and ensure I do not see any immediate issues. Then I transition them to the LAN.

Maybe I spoke too soon but after discovering the problem the phones started doing the same thing again after I had them provisioned and firmware upgraded. After I killed all of the switch ports and manually turn one on at a time, added to the system and upgraded the firmware, the phones started to act odd again after I enabled all the ports again. What happens is the park lights go randomly from green to off, the SIP trunks go offline or say can't resolve DNS, when the system shell can resolve DNS. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason if I try to isolate what phone is doing it. I've tried shutting phones down one by one and to try to isolate a bad phone but issue occurs when all of them are enabled. Are there any known bugs in the latest version of 3CX and phones doing this behavior?

Issue was 'auto-voip' setting on internal switches that was causing issues with additional SIP phones added. This behavior did not exist when in a lab environment with limited number of phones connected. In case this happens to someone else in the near future.

Also, even though 3CX server wasn't the culprit, it was not accurately describing the issue in the log messages. Would report in the activity log can't resolve DNS entries, but at any given time it reported that, I could resolve what it couldn't from the server itself.

Also, even though 3CX server wasn't the culprit, it was not accurately describing the issue in the log messages. Would report in the activity log can't resolve DNS entries, but at any given time it reported that, I could resolve what it couldn't from the server itself.

Log messages are designed to give you a starting point to look at. They are not the end-all, be-all of information. Doing a capture should just about always give you the information you need.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.