• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Fanvil X6 Provisioning / Auto Provisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrheartland

Customer
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Anyone have a Fanvil X6 provisioned? If so, can you provide some pointers on the provisioning process? New to 3CX and the provisioning guide, which references X6 as supported, seems to be written by X5 or earlier - the provisioning steps do not seem to line up with the X6 interface.

Any advice/direction would certainly be appreciated!

Thanks!

-vrheartland

What, in particular, is not lining up for you?

Reference: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/fanvil-x3-x5/

Step 5 has you setup Direct SIP - no issues there
Step 8 says press "View" to access "Auto Provisioning" stage
- Cannot find a "View" on the phone
Step 9 - cannot seem to find a prompt for username password

There also doesn't seem to be a step where you insert the autoprovisoning link from Step 5 anywhere

In the WebGUI - trying to confiture the SIP1, you can't paste a provisioning link as long as the one provided in the 3CX portal

Not sure if I am tackling this from the wrong angle or not :)

Hope that clarifies the struggle

Thanks!

-vrheartland

Reference: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/fanvil-x3-x5/

Step 5 has you setup Direct SIP - no issues there
Step 8 says press "View" to access "Auto Provisioning" stage
- Cannot find a "View" on the phone
Step 9 - cannot seem to find a prompt for username password

There also doesn't seem to be a step where you insert the autoprovisoning link from Step 5 anywhere

In the WebGUI - trying to confiture the SIP1, you can't paste a provisioning link as long as the one provided in the 3CX portal

Not sure if I am tackling this from the wrong angle or not :)

Hope that clarifies the struggle

Thanks!

-vrheartland
Hi vrheartland,
As I understand you are trying to provision the X6 using the Direct SIP (STUN) provisioning type. Am I right?
If so, what version do you have running on your phone? You can download 3cx supported version from here.
After the adding the phone and saving the settings, do you have the RPS confirmation as it shown in step 6?
After checking the mentioned (FW version and confirmation) try to reset the phone to the factory settings (unplug the power, press the #, plug the power back, wait for Post Mode sign, release the #, dial *#168 and wait until the phone will reset the values and automatically reboot). Please remember that the phone will reboot twice - once after reset, then it will connect to RPS server and reboot again.
You need to see login screen on the phone's display.

To provision the phone manually you to use the following guide: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/manually-provision-fanvil/

Reactions: craigreilly
Thanks for the continued dialogue...

So odd behavior...

First - FW and confirmation are good and verified

Removed power (poe) - Hold down # and powered up - never saw the Post Mode on the x6 - but as I continued to hold down the # it power cycled once, when it came up, showed a 3CX background - so progress there... Continued holding # power cycled again, prompted a username/password login screen - tried extension and vm pin - no good

Exited out of the screen - now at just a standard 3CX screen unregistered...

Have been unsuccessful power cycling with holding the # to generate either the Post Mode or to get the login screen to come back again

Cannot access the Menu/Advanced since I no longer know a password to access the menu

Thoughts on next steps?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the continued dialogue...

So odd behavior...

First - FW and confirmation are good and verified

Removed power (poe) - Hold down # and powered up - never saw the Post Mode on the x6 - but as I continued to hold down the # it power cycled once, when it came up, showed a 3CX background - so progress there... Continued holding # power cycled again, prompted a username/password login screen - tried extension and vm pin - no good

Exited out of the screen - now at just a standard 3CX screen unregistered...

Have been unsuccessful power cycling with holding the # to generate either the Post Mode or to get the login screen to come back again

Cannot access the Menu/Advanced since I no longer know a password to access the menu

Thoughts on next steps?

Thanks again!
Yep... My mistake... I forgot that X5s and X6 has different way to reset to the factory default settings.
You don't need to press and hold the #.
Just power on, wait until the power LED will blink and just shortly press #.
upload_2018-9-22_1-33-36.png
The next steps are the same - dial *#168 and wait until the phone will reset the values and automatically reboot.
Check this video.

Another think.
If you can't login to the phone's web UI using the default password means that the phone is provisioned and just can't register.
Are you disabled the "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" from the extension settings?
upload_2018-9-22_1-38-13.png
Have a look and let me know.

Last edited:
Thanks - we are definitely making progress :)

The revised Post Mode procedure worked and I was able to clear the config
On reboot, as expected, it rebooted a second time
After second reboot - I was presented with a basic "select your language" option - chose English, clicked ok

The reference above to "Disallow use of extension out of the LAN" - it was enabled by default - I have sense disabled it... HOWEVER... :)

SIP Server/Call Manager ID: 1229
The IP XX.XX.XX.XX has been blacklisted for 86400 sec. (Expires at: 2018/09/22 16:22:52). Reason: Too many failed authentications!

Don't suppose there is anyway to clear that block? Or just have to wait the 24 hours?

Thanks again!

Thanks - we are definitely making progress :)

The revised Post Mode procedure worked and I was able to clear the config
On reboot, as expected, it rebooted a second time
After second reboot - I was presented with a basic "select your language" option - chose English, clicked ok

The reference above to "Disallow use of extension out of the LAN" - it was enabled by default - I have sense disabled it... HOWEVER... :)

SIP Server/Call Manager ID: 1229
The IP XX.XX.XX.XX has been blacklisted for 86400 sec. (Expires at: 2018/09/22 16:22:52). Reason: Too many failed authentications!

Don't suppose there is anyway to clear that block? Or just have to wait the 24 hours?

Thanks again!
Remove your IP from the blacklisted IP addresses, or better change from Deny to Allow, so it will not stop you again.
Reset the phone again, but do not click OK on language screen. Wait until it will take you to the login screen.
When login, be sure that you are entering the digits and not the letters...

I did change the Deny to Allow - not sure where to remove the blacklisted IP from

Reset phone, allowed it to reboot twice - at the language screen - it has been setting for 5 min with no change - I am going to run to the post office and see if it ever gets past the screen or not

I did change the Deny to Allow - not sure where to remove the blacklisted IP from

Reset phone, allowed it to reboot twice - at the language screen - it has been setting for 5 min with no change - I am going to run to the post office and see if it ever gets past the screen or not
Very strange, during this time I provisioned my X6 already 10 times.... and it works...
Check the MAC, is it correct?
Last shot, are you using the 3CX provided FQDN?
Can you check the PBX certificate? Just connect to the 3cx PBX management console, click on the lock sign and check is it the Let's Encrypt certificate or not....
upload_2018-9-18_16-34-15-png.8591

If everything is correct and your MAC is OK and PBX is using the Let's Encrypt certificate, then my ideas are finished.
Probably you need to connect to 3cx support so they will investigate your issue.

Question - this could be a major operator error issue, but I need to confirm...
According to the 3CX support guide, the X6 hardware version 1.2 is support - but the language also says "1.2 only" - the newer phones are coming out with version 1.3 - may have been a bad assumption - I assumed 1.2 and newer would be the supported - maybe it literally is only 1.2?

Can someone who has provisioned the X6 confirm if they are on 1.2 or 1.3 or different?

Thanks

-vrheartland

vrheartland,

I have provisioned hardware version 1.2 (firmware 1.4.4.2 currently). I think the "1.2 only" stems from issues with the X6 hardware versions 1.0 and 1.1 which would not work at all with 3CX. They were a mess.

A long shot but... having just provisioned a load of Fanvil phones (not X6's) that had previously been provisioned to a test rig I was struggling to get them to pick up the config files. Ultimately, I discovered that if I factory reset the phone at boot it would not provision but if I went into the phone's web portal and factory reset it from there (ticking all 3 boxes) it would. Probably not your problem but something that can be tried in a couple of minutes.

Problem solved - earlier efforts actually proved to solve the problem - it was the blacklisted IP that we had to wait an extra 24 hours to automatically clear from the 3CX system - came in this morning and the username/password prompt was waiting, rest is history

Thanks for all of the assistance!!! Great learning exercise for me...

-vrheartland

Glad you solved it.

You didn't have to wait 24 hours for blacklist to clear though. You could have just deleted the blacklist entry or changed it to allow / whitelist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.