• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Inbound Rule Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmmd4988

Forum User
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Inbound rule will not let me select DR's for my destinations.

So I need my Inbound DID 'A' from 8AM-5PM to go to DR_Open and outside of those hours go to DR_Closed.

When doing this from 'ADD DID RULE' I can't choose DR's.

So I create the DR and assign a DID to it. When I do this I now see a new Inbound rule with the DR_Open assigned to it for both Open hours and Closed hours. Okay I'm halfway there but need to change the closed hours to go to different DR, in this case closed hours should go to DR_Closed.

Why in the world can't I choose my DID inbound rules to go to a DR?
We are using this in our remote office (read testing before using in our main office) to see if it will work for our main office. It just seems too restrictive. We currently use Fonality and before that an Intertel system. Much more flexible.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

What about creating a "dummy" extension, send the DID to it. Use the extensions call forward options to sent to different DRs depending on office hours.

Eliq91 you are correct. I was trying to select it but it wasn't in the list which is weird, but if I type it in it shows up and works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.