• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Changing FAX system extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

François Lepage

Customer
Reaction score
Hi,

I am migrating to 3CX from another solution.

I use 2-digit extensions and I am trying to minimize changes for my employees.

One person use to have the 88 extension number, which happen to be a system extension in 3CX for the fax system. I'm trying to keep that extension assigned to her.

How can I re-assign that system extension to let's say 55? I have noticed parameter FAXOVEREMAILGATEWAY being set to the fax extension 88. Changing this seems to works in terms of system extension monitoring on the dashboard but I can't seems to also have the extension 55 listed in the configuration manu "Fax extension" at the same time. I tried rebooting a few times, but still no chance.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

François

Thanks for your answer.

I did indeed find that setting and changed it but when doing so, the Fax Extension does not show up in the list of the Fax Extension menu. Is this a normal behaviour?

Thank you

Hi,

As far as I know it won’t show up in the “Fax Extensions” menu, but it shows in "FAX Server Extension" in “Settings -> FAX Server”

Hi,

Indeed, the extension is configurable under “Settings -> FAX Server”, but not under "Fax extension". I now understand that this is the default behaviour. I do not have any experience with 3CX so for me, what's "normal' is unknown.

@leejor, I have indeed saw this post and that's why I am so suspicious with the behaviour. Changing parameters does seem like a hack, and I do not want any bad surprises down the way. I'm picking 3CX vs barebone Asterisk or FreePBX for peace of mind, and it really turn up that way.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artioslab
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.