• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

15.5 SP6 Presence over bridge issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatPanda

Reaction score
On the master side we can see the presence of the group shared from the slave side, but cannot see the master presence group(s) for the slave side. Calls work fine in either direction, can't seem to figure this one out. Anyone have any ideas?

Do you have Pro or Ent licenses on both sides?

Yep, Pro on both ends.

It was working prior to SP6.

So I just upgraded a multi-location customer to SP6 and I confirmed I can see presence on both ends. I tested using the webclient. I guess I would start by double-checking all of your bridge settings and go from there. I changed the bridge settings which had been upgraded from v12.5 to use the 3CX FQDN instead of the IP addresses that were there originally.

I guess the other question is when you say you can't see presence, are you not seeing the group at all, or the group is empty?

Yep doubled checked all the settings, using URL's on my end, password is correct, permissions are set correct, not sure what is going on. May have to pay for a reseller to fix, except there are many around here, don't want to spend 295 for a one time 3cx ticket. Ugh

If any resellers see this and are willing to tackle this for a set rate less than 300 let me know :)

So it's $75 (US) for a support ticket which is cheaper than any per incident support I'm aware of, including from me as a reseller. I guess the only other thing to check would be to make sure you can actually hit the master web console from the slave side and you are in fact using the https port on the slave (443 or 5001). Since audio is working it sounds like something specific to the web traffic between the two. Or maybe just restart the slave.

I can't find the 75 dollar option, when you log in, the single incident is 295.

Regardless, I can happily report the issue is resolved thanks to you @cobaltit, I put in the URLs on each side instead of the IP, and that fixed it. It shouldn't make a difference, especially since it says "IP", but it did fix the issue. Hope this will help others if the run into the same issue.

Reactions: craigreilly
Nice. tbh I hadn't tested it on SP6 without the URLs. Basically one of the locations happened to move before I updated them to SP6. So as I was changing the bridges prior to the SP6 update I noticed they were all IP based since that's what we started with in v12.5. I decided to go through and update all the locations with the 3CX FQDNs before upgrading so looks like I dodged a bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.