• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Callqueue randomly not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeshop

Customer
Reaction score
We have 15.5 version installed on a new windows 10 Pro system.
And we make an inbound rule true an callqueue with 7 agents in it.
The settings op the callqueue are:
Policy: Ring all
Ring time: 120
Max queue wait time 180
Music on hold is On
We use a intro prompt
Announement interval is on (30 seconds)
Advanced Pro is disabled

We make a LOT of trial calls. One moment the callqueue works fine.
We here the intro promt with music in the background, And when the intro prompt is finished the agent phone must me ringing.

BUT then the problems begin, sometime the phones rings but when we wait 1-2 minutes, and tries again.. Intro starts, music in the background works great, but the phones doesnt ring.

In the switchboard the queue manager can see the incomming call and than agents callqueue phone ringing.

By another try (we dont change anything) we here intro prompt with background music but then nothing...
In the switchboard queue manager you don't see anything happens...

Can someone explain whats happen and give me an solution?

Nope, i use my smartphone for trial. I can hear my smartphone is ringing, the 3cx is answer the phone with the incomming message (welcome by) but after this message normally all the phone's in my calllist must be ringing, but nothing happens....

Then i try again, and then it works normally... Try again... Normally... try Again... Nothing happens and so on...

Its very random. In version 12.5 everything works great.
In the event viewer i can't see what is going on.

It's very strange...

Hi Homeshop,

what exactly happens to the call? does it keep playing music on hold or is it directed elsewhere?
If you check the Call log and Activity Log, it will give you more information.

I don't know whap happens to the call... We here the background music with the intro prompt after that we here 2 attempts (some noise) and then we here... we are sorry but no-one is accept the call please try again... (but then in dutch) and then the connections is gone...

But there are 7 phones, but no-one is start to ring...

As suggested...check the Activity Log for one of the calls. that should show where it went, and why.

are the 7 extensions logged into the queue?
are the phones all registered?

Yes all the extensions are in the queuelist...
But the last few days i think all the phone's rings normally. BUT i disabled the music by the incomming call. Can there be an issue?

I don't know whap happens to the call... We here the background music with the intro prompt after that we here 2 attempts (some noise) and then we here... we are sorry but no-one is accept the call please try again... (but then in dutch) and then the connections is gone...

But there are 7 phones, but no-one is start to ring...

Hello,

You have to log the agents in the Queue as well ( *62 or via MC) not just in the list. I'm thinking, your agents are not logged in, maximum wait time is reached and the call is routed to DNA. You might want to look at Activity log & call log. It will tell you what is happening with the call.

Thank you for your reply, and yes... All the phones are in the call queue. I can see it in the switchboard that all the phones are in the callqueue.
And as second respons... There is not a wait time, after the introduction message you here some strange sound over the phone and then we hear the message that no one can answer the call.

BUT! I tried different things ofcourse to solved this problem. And the last few days i THINK that the PBX works normally, only i DISABLED the music in the background by an incomming call.

Can there be a problem?

i DISABLED the music in the background

How did you do this? If a caller to the queue listens to the message, and, no agents are available...where do they then go, if there is no music?

And again...what does the Activity Log show, for a call?

When some call me, you have the possibility to make a intro prompt. For me... someone calls me > the inbound rule forward the call to the callqueue (800) > the callqueue plays an intro prompt. -Welcome by Homeshop, please wait etc > In the same menu you have the option music on hold what i have enabled. This music WITH the intro prompt are playing together... Nice future.
After the intro prompt all the phones from the agents are start to ring and the music are continued.

And yes, the phones are all in the Callqueue group, activated with (*62). A few days before not one of the phones rings, but i get everytime an email that some has called me from the PBX. And when i tested it by myself with same result. Intro start, after that, i hear a strange sound and the message start that there was no one available. All the phones are members of the callqueue.

I will look at te Activity Log, but so as you can read before, the last few days the PBX works normally. Maybe i did something wrong. What i accidently fixed.

If things are now working that way you want it, there is not much point in pursuing this, other than perhaps figuring out what action "broke" it to begin with, and avoiding that in the future.

Now i know what is happens and i want to share it with you...

I am using (for a long time) version 12.5. Everything in this version works fine for me. But 3CX wants that we upgrade from 12.5 to 15.5. (Ok! fine, for security reasons i will accept)
But the upgrade from 12.5 to 15.5 was going wrong, the upgrade crashed every time so it won't work (for me) So i make a new PBX and i make all the settings from the beginning. Copy / Paste the extensions settings, convert the wav file formats to the new type etc etc. For me not the problem and was for me THE reason to learn how the new PBX works.

When i was ready i change my router to the new PBX (port forwarding), en voila... it works, Yeah... But the old version was also running. Because the router transport all the calls to the new PBX i though that was not an issue. And i can get back to the old solution when the PBX wont work.

What was now the problem... the sip accounts where active in the old version, and my voip provider send some calls to the old version (with no extensions) and some calls to the new version with extensions at random.

Stupid, stupid stupid... Now i disabled the old version and i think / hope everything works fine now...

(Sorry for my bad english)

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution. Let us know if you face any more issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.