• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx OTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mixalis Foulos

Free User
Reaction score
Hello,

I hane a problem with Registration of Sip Trunk with a provider in Greece called OTE.

To be more specific my network topology is this:

Speedport entry 2i---> PPPoe Passthrough-->MIkrotik Router (PPPoe Client) and i run 3cx server on Virtual Box.

After creating port forwading rules in Mikrotik and disabling SIP ALG (I disabled this protocol In both routers) the firewall test in 3cx passed successfully.

Because i am running the 3cx on Virtual Box i turn off the windows firewall of my computer(I do not think it is important, but in every case)

In Speedport router i turn off the SIP account, in case of conflict.

Βut let's get to the point. My ISP provider and Voip provider OTE gave me the username and password.The sip server in OTE sip provider in Greece is ims.otenet.gr.
and they gave me a username [email protected]

as register server i have: ims.otenet.gr
as outbound proxy i have ims.otenet.gr
username +301111

Provider inform me that take invitation from 3cx without the ims.otenet.gr in the username but i tried both ways to be sure.The only issue i have is that the registration on the provider is invalid.

Could you please help me?

A few days ago with released a doc that explains exactly how to make a provider work with 3CX: https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/voip-provider-interop-explained/
You might want to check it out as it may help you generate the output from 3CX that OTE expects.

We have not officially passed an interop with OTE, but if you ask them for a sample of what REGISTER they want, you could try and adjust the settings in 3CX accordingly. I'd start from the Registration / Authentication section

This is just a guess, but from your description, they may require 3-way authentication, so maybe something like this:
upload_2018-9-25_16-6-36.png

A few months ago he had another user trying to register OTE, @Nick Georgatos . Don't know if he ever figured it out though...

Hope this helps a bit.

Reactions: Ronin
Hello again,

After your instructions finally SIP trunk registered successfully and i can receive inbound calls. Altough i have problem with outbound calls, but I have not tried a lot of things yet.

Since sip trunk regists correct you have to restart services and BOOM all ok.

Thanks a lot for your help.

If someone needs further information about the setup contact me.

Reactions: NickD_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.