• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Send chat message from CFD

mbau

Customer
Reaction score
I whish a possibilty to send a chat message from CFD (call flow designer) to an extension.

This would be extremly usefull for example to notify an extension from a CFD app that an important call arrived or that x call's are waiting in a queue for him (or a group).

The command could be for example:

Send ChatMessage(extension or group, message)

At the user the message would apear from "System" and he cannot reply.

Reactions: Benedikt Machens
Upvote 3
You can send an email. In the USA all carriers have an email to SMS gateway that you can use to send emails that are then converted to an SMS. Not sure where you are and whether that applies to you. The email message is formatted as follows: <mobile-number>@<carrier-gateway>.com

Hi Matthew

Thanks for your idea, but we stay in Europe, at our carrier this is not possible.

Also the idea is to receive the message immediately in the 3CX web interface where the user look in if he is on the phone and not on a mobile. I know is possible to send an E-mail to the user, but first for this I must know which extension is connected to which e-mail address and second is never so fast like a message over the chat system.

You will either have to use email rather than SMS, or you will have to get an SMS enabled SIP trunk and use your carrier's API to build an external component that can send the SMS. In my experience, every SIP carrier has a different API for sending Texts. There is no capability natively in the CFD for sending texts.

Hi Matthew

Thanks for your input.

But how I say, I not want send SMS, i want send a message in the chat of 3CX. In 3CX this message could appear for example as sended from "System" or "Administrator".

The chat is the fastest and best way to deliver a message from a CFD app to the end user. btw. i can imagine this would also be very helpful to debug CFD app's. You can just send a chat message to you for debugging or in a error-situation, instead to write to a text-file ;).

I completely misunderstood what you were trying to accomplish. From the beginning, you were saying "chat". My mistake. I just searched the Call Control API and I cannot find anything relating to chat in the API. I'm thinking it is not possible with the API. Anyone else know of a way to interact with Chat using the API?

No problem.

A chat API would be a great thing!

It would be great if this feature request find it's way into 3CX.

The CFD is a good tool to do all the nice things that are missing in 3CX. Also in the API things are missing, one of them is the access to the 3CX message/chat system

+1

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.