• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Management Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy29102

Reaction score
I am new to all of this so please forgive me if I use an incorrect term. I am trying to log into the 3CX Management Console. It is asking for "user name or extension number" then "password", i have tried my extension (3001), my username to the best of my recollection, my username from 3CX and every password I can think of but quickly get locked out for too many incorrect tries so i have to wait 24 hours to try again. I searched for online solutions but it is too complicated and refers to things I do not see. I cannot find a default nor a way to reset or retrieve a lost password.

If you need to know, I am using Windows 10 and the phones are Grandstream 16xx series.

When you installed 3CX, it would have asked you for a username and password during the setup- this would have been displayed within a browser popup window titled 'Congratulations'.

Do you not know this info ?

Do you have a backup of the 3CX system, if so you maybe able to retrieve the info
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/username-password-not-working-in-management-console.50905/

Using extension will not work, unless you have configured it within the 3CX console and given your extension the correct permissions.

Last edited:
I cannot find a default nor a way to reset or retrieve a lost password.

If you use a valid admin username and enter the password wrong twice you then get an option to reset your password. (that's valid of course before you get banned)

If you use a valid admin username and enter the password wrong twice you then get an option to reset your password. (that's valid of course before you get banned)

This only works with 15.5 SP6 and email has been configured.

This only works with 15.5 SP6 and email has been configured.
Small correction, its been available since SP5 which was released back in June. He said he is new to all this so I assumed he either has SP5 or SP6 installed which both have it.

I do not know what version I have but it was recently installed (a month or 2 ago) so I assume it is recent. The problem is that I am not sure what admin username I used. Tried my normal ones to no avail.

Is there a default one?

Sometimes even a blind hog finds an acorn. Found a staff member who remembered some and we got it working. All good now but thanks for trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.