• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx, SPA112, Nyquist Paging System..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake Carter

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has configured a Nyquist intercom/Paging system with a 3cx PBX. In theory the end user should be able to pickup a phone and dial an extension (500 for example) which will send the call from the 3c system through the ATA (cisco spa 112) where the Nyquist system's FXO card receives dial tone and picks up.

I have gotten the ATA configured and it is showing as active in the 3cx console, but the Nyquist system is not answering the call. When I connect a butt set to the ATA it will ring and gets 45volts, but is not getting hi z or 90 volts.

Just looking to see if anyone has an experience using these systems together or if anyone could assist with why the ATA is not giving out hi z/90volts/not being detected by FXO card.

If you have started with a "factory default" ATA and have not modified any of the ringing settings, then you should get a ringing voltage when called, unless, perhaps the ATA is faulty. Have you tried plugging in an analogue set, rather than testing with the Butt-in?

Are you actually able to answer the call, even with no ringing voltage?

It was factory default nothing modified... We did not try with an analogue set, did not have one handy at the time. When testing with the butt set it would ring and we could answer and get audio both ways, but when we changed to test hi z/high voltage we got nothing. I did notice in the ATA config that the voltage was set for 45 and did up that to 90 to see if that would help, but it did not. Tested with 4 different ATAs..

If you have tested with 4 different ATAs, then I'd suspect, either the Butt-in, or a setting that has been changed. I'm not familiar with the Hi z settings that you mention, and I don't have access to my SPA 112 right now.

Here is a Cisco article on troubleshooting ring issues.

https://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/GetA...g_Phones_connected_to_SPA112_not_ringing_.xml

I would still get an analogue set, and test with that,

Over the years, I've found the Sipura/Linksys/Cisco ATAs very reliable, the power supplies, not so much, but no issues with any ATAs.

That is the same link I found when I was troubleshooting on site last week. Have tried the changes mentioned, and no luck.

Not sure what else to suggest. If multiple ATAs do not seem to be sending out ring generator, then I would have to be suspicious of the device used to test, or a setting that has been changed from the default. I would test with a standard, analogue set, North American, using two wire rip/ring signalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.