• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Intercom Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Farmer

Customer
Reaction score
We will be using intercom more once we start doing our integration this year, but having some issues.

I can intercom a room and that user can intercom me back. In another building, a different user has tried paging several rooms and it rings until they pick up.

I looked at Rights on the extension and they appear to be the same as mine, so not sure what I am missing.

We have pretty broad groups and those permissions appear to be the same between the two groups I am testing with.

3CX 15.5 Newest SP
Windows 2012R2 Server

Assuming this is not multicast?
Check a wireshark.
Is the "internal" page showing the same call type as the "external" page?
Same phones?
Autoanswer in the phone setup?

I can check Wireshark. Do I run it on the server? What am I looking for?

Internal/External pages where? Sorry I'm not familiar with those.

I assume auto-answer is set. I don't have any custom templates. We are trying to intercom from Yealink 48G/S to Yealink 23G for the most part in all locations. I tested between my 29G to another 29G and my cell phone to a 29G. In our elementary we tried from a 48G to a 48G and then from a 48G. Maybe there is a difference with the 23G, though. I will test that today.

In the middle school we tried from 48G to 48G and it didn't work, which led me to think it's just a middle school issue to begin with.

You can actually run a packet capture in the WebGui under Activity.
There is a button to do just this.
You would then need Wireshark on a machine to open the file and review it.
Then there is a VoIP filter under one of the menus - depending on the version.

Thanks for the info.

I tested a couple of locations. In the high school, I can intercom a 23G from my cell phone, but in the middle school, I can't intercom a 23G.

I tried two 29G in the HS. On ALL handsets tested so far, auto-answer is Disabled.

I will check out the wireshark. I appreciate the help.

This is the important information:
1/ intercom=true
2/ Alert-Info: auto answer
3/ Alert-Info: info=alert-autoanswer
4/ Alert-Info: answer-after=0

I do not use this feature - so I can not provide too much insight.

The Yealink website may be of some assistance as it sounds like its now a 3cx issue.

Tried phones factory reset?

Have not tried a factory reset. Since it seems relegated to one building, I figured it is a configuration setting. Just not sure what.

I actually just tested by adding phone to Middle School group. Can't intercom. If I removed from that group and add to High School group, I can intercom. However, when I look at Rights, they both have intercom allowed.

I also, just came across this thread, and set the DEFAULT group to be able to intercom. When I did that, it worked across buildings.
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/intercom-between-extension-groups.40692/

I am not sure why people in the Middle School group could not page one another.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.