• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

FXO Gateway 2x8 or 1x16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetskibiz

Reaction score
Setting new system - Should we get 2 4 port FXO gateways or 1 16 port gateway.
Thinking if one filed we would still be able to receive calls.
Thanks for any thoughts.

I would get 2 units, as this would provide some redundancy

Why are you thinking of using FXO units, this limits the functionality of 3CX. You may be better off getting 3CX supported IP SIP phones

Last edited:
I would get 2 units, as this would provide some redundancy

Why are you thinking of using FXO units, this limits the functionality of 3CX. You may be better off getting 3CX supported IP SIP phones
We have analog phone lines where we are. No option for SIP lines. Internet is unreliable and bandwidth is expensive. Currently have a card in old system but would like to have this run in VM for easy recovery.

If you are talking about PSTN gateways, then it all depends on how many trunk groups you want to create, and what sort of service you currently have from your provider.

Do you have a hunt group, out trunks only...etc.

Our lines are PSTN. We have 11 lines right now and may want to increase in the future but not more than 16 for sure. They are just plain phone lines - no caller id etc. The only option we have them is Hunt Group but this comes from telco.

If all of the lines are in one hunt group, then I'd just go for one device. The cost will probably be less than for two smaller ones. If you had some lines that were outgoing only, or had a reason (special routing) to create more than one trunk group in 3CX, then two might make more sense.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.