• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail transcriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy29102

Reaction score
I want to have voicemails transcribed and sent to me in a text or e-mail. Following the instructions I found on the website, I signed up for a free trial with Bing or Microsoft Azure for Bing Speech API and now have the NAME, Key 1 and Key 2. When I go to the Management Console, Settings then select Voicemail, I see the check box for "Use Voicemail Transcription" but it will not let me click it. The checkbox lower down for "Use Exchange Server for Voicemail" is visible but I cannot check that either (do not want to use Exchange server but just mentioning it to show I cannot select either). I have a very small business so am using the free license. Is the "Use Voicemail Transcription" option not available on free?

I cannot seem to find any information other than the instructions on how to enable it but nothing says what to do when those instructions do not apply (ie I cannot check the box to activate it so I cannot put in the key information.

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I did not notice that in the pre-requisites. Is there any other method of doing it?

Yes, you can spend your money on a service that will do the same thing by sending them the voicemail via email and then they will email you back the transcription.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.