• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Another problem with PUSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerTech

Customer
Reaction score
We've been running 3CX for several weeks now, and about the only thing that is not yet working correctly is the smartphone app. Specfically although the app works quite consistently for making calls it doesn't ring when the phone is asleep. I've done extensive research, reading many posts in these forums, but I've not yet been able to solve the problem.
  • 3CX server is verison 15.5.15502.6 on Linux
  • Android app is version 15.5.344.492
  • Attempts to use the app are limited to our LAN
  • Tried two different Android phones, one running Android 8.1.0, one running an older version. We tried testing the app on an iPhone last week but it would not provision.
  • 3CX client for each extension is configured to enable PUSH for smartphones
  • We originally tested with the built-in PUSH mechanism. When that didn't work we created our own Firebase project (seems extremely simple), but that doesn't work, either.
  • Welcome emails have been sent repeatedly
  • Server has full outbound Internet access and is successfully finding 3CX updates.
  • Activity Log settings indicate that the servers is in verbose logging mode. However there are no instances "Update PUSH client". The closest I see are things like "public_push_callername" and "public_push_callerid" and "public_push_pickupinfo".
  • Unoptimized battery use for 3CX app - no change
  • I tried re-creating the PUSH test procedure described at https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...incoming-call-after-idling-1-hour-or-so.59076. However even when I unplugged my deskphone and shut down both my Windows app and my Android phone my extension still shows as available. ???
Side note: We have noticed that the 3CX welcome email now sends a QR code that points to the server's public name while the web client offers the QR code for our private name, which is what we need here.

If as part of troubleshooting someone would like me to restart services or the whole server please let me know how I may schedule this for after hours so that it doesn't disconnect calls in progress. Thank you in advance for all assistance.

Hi,

i had the same problem of you and i solved doing this:
"disable battery optimization going into settings->device maintenance->battery and set the power saving mode to off. Than click on the "battery usage" and tap the more button on the action bar at the top right (the tree dots you find on the screen) and choose Optimize battery usage.
On the Optimize Battery Usage screen, switch to the All apps list from the drop-down to see all of the apps on your device. Turn off to exclude 3CX from the Doze feature. The Doze feature is the one that probably generate your issue."

i see that you wrote: "Unoptimized battery use for 3CX app - no change". Have you done exactly the procedure i wrote above? I noticed that the procedure is not always the same. It depends on the version of the phones/android version. The procedure i wrote is for samsung phone and it is valid for Android 6/7/8.
From my point of you it is just the the Doze feature that it brakes the app to work so try to understand how to disable it on your phones.

hope that helped for you.

regards.

--
nitrox

Thanks for your reply. I'm running an Android One phone with stock Android 8.1, and I don't seem to have the options you describe. Where I went specifically: Settings > Battery > 3 dot menu > Battery optimization > All apps > 3CX > Don't optimize.

@TigerTech
"Attempts to use the app are limited to our LAN"
If this means your PBX (machine) doesn't have internet access, then for sure PUSH will not work for any Android/iOS clients.

@TigerTech
"Attempts to use the app are limited to our LAN"
If this means your PBX (machine) doesn't have internet access, then for sure PUSH will not work for any Android/iOS clients.
As I noted in my admittedly lengthy post the PBX has full outbound Internet access. We are only interested in using the smartphone apps on our LAN.

Sorry, my mistake, I missed that.

I would try to connect - even for a short time, for debugging purpose - the 3CX client (android or iOS) by 3G, not WiFi. Only don't forget to uncheck "disallow using outside of LAN" in Management Console's extension. If the client will get the Presence (and then able to reprovision) but PUSH still doesn't work, I would check the outgoing PUSH ports of the PBX machine to don't be blocked.
Hope it helps
vali

I would try to connect - even for a short time, for debugging purpose - the 3CX client (android or iOS) by 3G, not WiFi. Only don't forget to uncheck "disallow using outside of LAN" in Management Console's extension. If the client will get the Presence (and then able to reprovision) but PUSH still doesn't work, I would check the outgoing PUSH ports of the PBX machine to don't be blocked.
Hope it helps
vali

I have managed to connect my phone to the PBX over mobile data, but the app still does not consistently wake upon receiving a call. As far as outgoing ports I have a rule in our firewall that allows everything from the 3CX server - any port, any destination. It seems that ought to eliminate any possibility of port blockage. Yet as I was looking through our firewall today I found that it didn't appear to be configured to make the 3CX server use the correct outbound address with our NAT. I believe I've corrected that so that any PUSHes should now be coming from the address specified in 3CX as the "Static Public IP". However making this change didn't help either.

I have seen mentions in other posts about "client push" entries with "ok ok" that should appear in the 3CXDialer.log file. However I have no seen such entries in our file, which I am accessing through Dashboard > Activity Log > Logs > Instance. Would it be prudent to investigate this further?

Vali_3CX, are you still following this thread? We really need the app to work as it was one of the reasons we chose 3CX. I will gladly provide any information I can to help us get to a fix.

Experiencing the exact same scenario here and PUSH not working reliably at all.

Same problem here, are still following this thread???

Same issue here. I'm about to loose a large client because the Android PUSH doesn't work iPhone works perfectly. I've multiple Android devices and OS versions. All that I've tested don't receive calls on a regular basis. I would love to get this sorted so that I can build some confidence with my clients.

Hi,
Same problem here with Android PUSH, no issue with Iphone. 15.5 SP6 installed, PUSH port correctly configured, battery usage on device correctly configured... I tried native Google Firebase configuration and our own Firebase configuration.
That is a very very important problem for our clients using Androïd devices.

same problem here - android 8.1 devices ( Nokia ) - push via firebase DB. Only works if the App is open, or was closed ( screenlock ) a few seconds ago.

Interesting fact - have a testing device here. Xiaomi - push works perfect. Everytime I call the Xiami DDI it is vibrating or ringing ( however ) 3cx app ( Xiaomi ) gets the push....

Same problem here, in pre-sale phase. I need this feature to work properly or I will loose 2 customers.
The Android 3CX mobile app only receive call when it's openned.

could this be a problem with the firebase cloud firestore-location? I 've us-east-1 but am located in europe as my customers are...

EDIT: typo

No problem on iPhone.

Yes, because iPhone is using a complete different Push-System. Apple iOS Push, or however the call it... works much much better than this Android firebase thing...

I have another big customer interested on the system but will use on mobile phone, mainly on Android. I can't suggest him 3CX if Android app doesn't work !
In total 3 new customer waiting on the confirmation that the mobile apps work as expected ! @Vali_3CX Please give us a solution.

Hello, creating a new Firebase and setting it up again in 3CX server solved the problem ! :rolleyes:
Still have a little 3-4seconds lags but at least it's working !

Question is for how long... I've setup 2 or 3 Firebases ... first it seems to run without problems... but after a few hours Push won't arrive to the AndroidPhones ( I've found out, that only Android One Devices seems affected, other Androids like Xiaomi are receiving constantly the push... )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantinium
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.