• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Soft Phone won't make outgoing calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartansvcs

Reaction score
I am on the latest version 15.5 new Linux install. PBX on 172.16.0.0/24 subnet, soft-phone using 172.16.15.0/24 subnet. Networks can communicate freely without restriction. Windows app registers fine (I can receive incoming calls).Incoming and outgoing calls from the Android app and physical phone work fine. Incoming calls work to the soft-phone but outgoing calls from soft-phone quickly say call failed. This never shows up in my activity logs because the soft-phone never attempts to connect to the PBX. Windows Firewall disabled. Tried setting the laptop Mic as default in audio, but that didn't work. Plugged in a USB headset with Mic, set that to default, still doesn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

One more thing to note: The soft phone works on another computer just fine. So the problem appears to be just this computer.

Same problem here.
Any news?

I am on the latest version 15.5 new Linux install. PBX on 172.16.0.0/24 subnet, soft-phone using 172.16.15.0/24 subnet. Networks can communicate freely without restriction. Windows app registers fine (I can receive incoming calls).Incoming and outgoing calls from the Android app and physical phone work fine. Incoming calls work to the soft-phone but outgoing calls from soft-phone quickly say call failed. This never shows up in my activity logs because the soft-phone never attempts to connect to the PBX. Windows Firewall disabled. Tried setting the laptop Mic as default in audio, but that didn't work. Plugged in a USB headset with Mic, set that to default, still doesn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hello, Spartansvcs,

You might want to check the IP blacklist. Also ensure the option "disable external calls " is not enable. Extension settings -> Options tab

I hope this helps

Found a solution for my problem.
It's a privacy setting in Windows 10. Apps dont have access to the microfone.

Reactions: spartansvcs
Found a solution for my problem.
It's a privacy setting in Windows 10. Apps dont have access to the microfone.

Hi Ronald.

Glad you found the solution :)

That fixed it for me too! In Settings > Privacy > Microphone > Allow apps to access your microphone "ON" and it works now. Thanks Ronald!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
driscolls.it
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.