• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Dynamics CRM and Activities

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayNZ

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I've setup 3CX with Dynamics 365 using the Server Side setup. I'm using the WebApp (It's a shame the Windows SoftPhone app can't do this functionality!), but I'm having three issues.

I'm able to open the contact which will open Dynamics CRM and take me to the correct record which is awesome, but it's not adding any activity under "activities" to record incoming answered calls.I understand it should add this information when the call ends, which it's not.

Additionally I've been asked if a call is made by clicking on a phone number within CRM if it will add itself into activities as an outbound call. I can't find any information on this if someone could comment on the behavior of their installation thanks!

Finally we're having an issue when clicking on a phone number to dial from CRM. It's adding 2294 in front of the phone number which is perplexing. I assume it's Dynamics doing this, but I don't know where to change this if anyone could comment.

Thanks in advance team!
- Jay

Last edited:
Hello @JayNZ,

I already answered you via the ticketing system, but I'm answering here as well so the information is available for other users as well.

I'm able to open the contact which will open Dynamics CRM and take me to the correct record which is awesome, but it's not adding any activity under "activities" to record incoming answered calls.I understand it should add this information when the call ends, which it's not.
Unfortunately call journaling is not available at the moment. We're adding this feature in the upcoming v16 release, which should be available during Q4. Currently, this is what the integration does:
- When an inbound call arrives, the contact will be taken from Dynamics 365 and imported into 3CX Contacts.
- The contact name will be shown as the caller name, no matter the phone you use.
- If you use the 3CX Web Client, a button to open the contact record will also be shown.

Additionally I've been asked if a call is made by clicking on a phone number within CRM if it will add itself into activities as an outbound call. I can't find any information on this if someone could comment on the behavior of their installation thanks!
In order to make outbound calls from Dynamics, you need to use the 3CX Click to Call browser extensions:
https://www.3cx.com/phone-system/click-to-call/

When v16 is released, this will also log calls under the contact's activities. But so far, that feature is not available.

Finally we're having an issue when clicking on a phone number to dial from CRM. It's adding 2294 in front of the phone number which is perplexing. I assume it's Dynamics doing this, but I don't know where to change this if anyone could comment.
I assume that you're using a 3CX Click to Call browser extension for this. Can you please give me an example of a number you're trying to call (including any space, dash, etc.) and the link created for that number?

Kind regards.

Hi Ernesto,

Thank you very much for the detailed reply, that's awesome!

I have a support ticket which I'm working with you on currently, so I won't take anymore of your time in the forum here and will work with you via the ticket.

Thanks again, it's great to see a responsive, helpful community!

Cheers,
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.