• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Cisco 7941 can't transfer to Yealink T52S

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethanthekiwi

Forum User
Reaction score
We are almost finished migrating a couple hundred Cisco 7940 and 7941 phones from Cisco Call Manager to 3CX and we are encouraging everyone to upgrade their Cisco phones to Yealink phones over the next year. But we've run into a problem. Cisco phones can't transfer calls to Yealink phones.

On a Cisco 7941
Answer a call, press Transfer, dial extension of Yealink phone, Yealink user answers, press transfer again. The call fails to transfer and the call from Cisco to Yealink is stuck, the Cisco user can't hang up on that call. They are able to resume the original call though and the original call stays on hold.

It happens the same way from a Cisco 7940 when you use the Transfer button. The Blind Transfer button however does work when transferring calls to Yealink phones. Both methods of transferring work when transferring to another Cisco phone on 3CX. I am aware of the issue where you cannot blind transfer from a 7941, if you press transfer a second time before the other user answers, it will drop that call. In this case the other user does answer before pressing transfer a second time.

What do the logs show? And I assume this is on v15.5 SP6 with the 3CX supported firmware and 3CX templates used for provisioning both devices?

I'm not seeing anything in the activity log that looks like an error or warning about this. I see the call come in, the call started by pressing transfer the first time from one extension to the other, call is connected. Then no errors. Then the call hanging up. I can post the log if you like.

Sorry for not including this at first:
3CX Professional Perpetual 15.5.15502.6
Windows Server 2012 R2
Cisco 7941 firmware SIP41.8-5-4S
Using Templates from 3CX for both Cisco 7941 and the Yealink T52S

I'm not seeing anything in the activity log that looks like an error or warning about this. I see the call come in, the call started by pressing transfer the first time from one extension to the other, call is connected. Then no errors. Then the call hanging up. I can post the log if you like.

Sorry for not including this at first:
3CX Professional Perpetual 15.5.15502.6
Windows Server 2012 R2
Cisco 7941 firmware SIP41.8-5-4S
Using Templates from 3CX for both Cisco 7941 and the Yealink T52S

"
Known limitations of Cisco 7940, 7941, 7960, 7961 are:

• No PnP Support
  • No STUN Support
  • No SBC Support
  • No Full CTI Support (Make Call Only with no Auto Answer)
  • No BLF Functionality
  • No Company Phone Book
  • No Blind Transfer (7961 7941)
  • No local conference (7961 7941 dial codes need to be used)
  • No Attended Transfer (7960 7940)
  • No Distinctive Ringing for external, queues or ivrs
  • Time Zone Support (NTP Server set to public IP)
  • Manual DST Support
  • No LCD Language Support
  • Can not be used for Assign and Clear Operation"
Have you tried blind transfer on the 7940s or attended on 7941?

I can do an attended transfer from a Cisco 7941 to another Cisco 7941 or 7940. But when I try to do an attended transfer from a Cisco 7941 to a Yealink T52S, the call fails to transfer and hangs.

Are the phones provisioned as local or remote devices?

Thanks for your help, but I just figured it out.

The Yealink T52s phones were running firmware 70.81. I upgraded them to 70.83.0.20 and calls are transferring between Cisco and Yealink now. I was so certain is was an issue with the Cisco phones, that I didn't check on the Yealinks. I noticed that hold music wasn't working on the Yealink phones either, updating firmware fixed that too. I thought 3CX might update firmware automatically for supported phones, but I'll add that to my checklist. Thanks again for helping me think through this.

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.